SampleTank 2XL license file or folder location please!!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 2XL license file or folder location please!!

Postby zedd » Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:14 am

Hey folks,

I recently ran out of memory on my system drive and the result was the corruption of a few of my DAW setup files and apparently my SampleTank2XL license file and information relating to it being able to remember it's root folder.

I was easily able to copy back DAW preference files from a backup to get my DAW working normally again, but SampleTank can no longer find it's directory and when I manually located it, it brings up the ancient PRODUCT AUTHORIZATION WIZARD and tells me that my ST2 demo has expired. I know that that process will fail, so there's no point in trying to reinstall.

But I also know that this is probably as simple as locating a single file on my backup and copying it back over to the current system (or just restoring the folder that contains the file from my backup). ST2 has given me no problems with updates through many operating systems so the Authorization Wizard showing up means that the license file probably got corrupted when I ran out of memory and my DAW had been active (yes, SampleTank2 was active in the project).

Can someone please tell me where to locate the actual file(s) I need to restore? Where were the ST2 license files being stored 20 years ago? I have had this working on my system since 2003, so it is probably not in the same location where newer files are being stored by the IK Product Manager of today.

I know this is going to be a really simple restoration... I just need to know which file/folder I am looking for.

The component and the preferences files have not changed, so I don't think they are factors in this.

Anyone who can help me with this will be a life saver. Peter? I have spent 20 years with SampleTank2 loaded into every one of my projects... hundreds and hundreds of them... so this is definitely going to be an issue with everything I open until I can resolve it.

Many thanks in advance!

Zedd
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Re: SampleTank 2XL license file or folder location please!!

Postby genesis1 » Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:04 am

Did you ever solve this? Would be nice to know for future reference.
In the meantime. Wouldn't your registration keys be in your account online? Just re-register them?
genesis1

Re: SampleTank 2XL license file or folder location please!!

Postby zedd » Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:09 pm

genesis1 wrote:Did you ever solve this? Would be nice to know for future reference.

Unfortunately not yet. You are the first responder!

I think I will direct message Peter and see if he can help out. I need to backup my system drive and I can't do that until I solve this problem or I will overwrite the very file that I need to fix the problem.

genesis1 wrote:Wouldn't your registration keys be in your account online? Just re-register them?

This product is 20+ years old which means it used the Authorization Wizard which was the installation/registration software from before the one that was used before the current IK Product Manager. It doesn't work anymore. I have tried it with other old IKM plugins. The supporting structure is no longer in place to re-register them (at least the last time I tried it a few years ago). And those old noise bursts are maddening!
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More