Can ToneX make an amp/cab perform like a 2nd amp/cab?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Can ToneX make an amp/cab perform like a 2nd amp/cab?

Postby SpeedYellow » Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:53 pm

Can the ToneX modeling software help you effectively create a stompbox to make one amp & cab emulate your reference amp & cab? I understand that the point of this modeling is to create a direct signal for the PA / FOH. But I'd love to use this kind of tech to, for example, model my Marshall amp and cab, then have the software re-calibrate the modeling in order to achieve that sound out of my Fender amp. Or create a model of my Rockman through full-range speakers, then achieve that sound through a combo amp. Or create a model using my amp & cab that emulates someone else's model.

Yes, I'm new to this tech! But it seems that without this ability, the entire tech is limited to going direct, and thus not at all useful for going into a guitar amp. Perhaps what I'm asking for is the holy grail of guitar pedals. :D
SpeedYellow

Re: Can ToneX make an amp/cab perform like a 2nd amp/cab?

Postby thievedletter » Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:15 am

That would be pretty difficult since it wouldn't know how your amp or speaker would respond. Also, guitar amps aren't really meant to have a mic'd cab fed to their input.

One thing that would maybe work, would be to send just the amp tone (without cab), from ToneX, into a clean amp.
thievedletter

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling