Cannot install anything from IK Product Manager

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Cannot install anything from IK Product Manager

Postby lukizuki » Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:54 pm

Dears

I try to install Amplitube 5 CS from Product Manager. Once I click install, I receive following error message:

"The volume/disk where the software download path
C:\Users\Username\Downloads\IK Instruments
you've selected should be does not exist. Please close this window to select a new path in preferences. (code: 2110)"

I have created firewall exception, I run manager as administrator and nothing helps.

Could you support, please?
lukizuki

Re: Cannot install anything from IK Product Manager

Postby DC_IK » Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:20 pm

You can contact IK Support via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw.
They can help you get your software installed and working properly.
DC_IK

Postby williamashley » Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:41 am

I have been having this same issue 2110.No matter what path, I even removed everything including the registry entries and this error persisted.

I think maybe there is a service that needs to run with IK Product Manager for it to work or something as other plugin installers work just fine just the IK Product Manager remains broken no matter what.
williamashley

Postby urbancheese » Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:40 am

I'm having the same problem on Windows 10. What is weird is that this installed fine on a laptop (also Windows 10) earlier today. But not my desktop machine.
urbancheese

Postby jeffjberry » Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:49 pm

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!

The Installer requires WMIC (which is a depreciated command-line utility so a lot of windows users probably wont even have it installed. IK really needs to fix this)

You can follow the tutorial in the link below to install WMIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opnav_u5vZA

AND

If the wmic command still doesn't work in command prompt, it's because you have to add it to your Environmental Variables in Advanced System Settings. Add or edit the System Variable 'PATH' and add "%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem" (without parentheses) to the Variable value like so.

https://postimg.cc/GTQFSXn6

Hopefully the wmic command should work now and you'll be able to install your software. ;)
jeffjberry

Postby urbancheese » Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:02 pm

THANK YOU JEFFJBERRY!!! This resolved the issue for me as well.
urbancheese

Postby Arcturus1349 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:59 pm

Just set Run as administrator your IK product manager and restart app. I had the same problem. Solved.
Arcturus1349

Postby ConceptoAG4 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:38 pm

Arcturus1349 wrote:Just set Run as administrator your IK product manager and restart app. I had the same problem. Solved.

Gracias por tu aporte "Arcturus1349". pero disculpa mi ignorancia pero como se ejecuta como administrador.

Gracias nuevamente.
ConceptoAG4

Postby Arcturus1349 » Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:19 pm

ConceptoAG4 wrote:
Arcturus1349 wrote:Just set Run as administrator your IK product manager and restart app. I had the same problem. Solved.

Gracias por tu aporte "Arcturus1349". pero disculpa mi ignorancia pero como se ejecuta como administrador.

Gracias nuevamente.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNVdaJXYCbA
Arcturus1349

Postby ConceptoAG4 » Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:24 am

Arcturus1349 wrote:
ConceptoAG4 wrote:

Gracias nuevamente.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNVdaJXYCbA

Gracias "Arcturus1349" ha sido ud. muy gentil. Sin embargo, luego de aplicar la solucion sugerida y siguiendo los pasos del video, no me funcionó. Sigo sin poder instalar Sampletank 4 CS. De igual forma, altamente agradecido.
ConceptoAG4

Postby Arcturus1349 » Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:26 am

I recommend using remote help such as team viewer, the problem lies in the write permissions in Windows. Installation and access to data from the administrator account. Best regards
Arcturus1349

Postby mygeepah7 » Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:39 am

Windows 11

I have struggled greatly with the installers for the Total Studio MAX 3.5 since I purchased it. It seems that it installs some files wherever it wants to regardless of settings changes.

I've have some success but installers like SampleTank 4 will not install to the custom location exclusively; it will create folders and copy files to several places. I have a P:\ drive for sounds and every other product I own (several) install there just fine.

Here's what I've found:

Files are copied to C:\Users\<user>\OneDrive\Documents\IK Multimedia whether I change the download folder or not. They just show up.

Also to C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia albeit just a couple of main folders

Also to whatever folder you choose if you check the custom install location.

When installing SampleTank 4, there are "SampleTank 4" folders scattered all around although they appear to have different files in them. The fact that they have the same name is confusing when trying to manually move them.

I've tried multiple times to consolidate sounds in one place but no luck. Finally, I blew everything away and started fresh with default settings. This works but I don't like the fact that I can't decide.

Also, if the main folder in C:\Users\<user>\OneDrive\Documents\IK Multimedia is moved, renamed, or the child folders changed, the installers will do nothing. Recreate the folders and off they go again; no user messages.It's not checking for them to exist.

Furthermore, if some sound installers will show up as "Update" though they've installed correctly already. I've run them multiple times only to have them continue to say it.

Lastly, once all the installations are complete I did copy the C:\Users\<user>\OneDrive\Documents\IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager folder with all the installers to the P:\ drive to rid my C drive of those at least. I just copy back any that I need to re-install.

In my opinion, this is a giant mess and needs to be fixed or I'm dumping the products. The Product Manager should be rock solid give the user control over locations and what is installed. How about checkboxes for just the sounds packs you want to install? As it is, it's "Install All" or one at a time. Yuck.

It should be as simple as choosing the download folder, choosing a drive/folder to install sounds to, selecting VST locations (and they are now fixed anyway for VST3), and clicking GO. I should be able to see all my sounds exactly where I specified and nowhere else.

If the Product Manager requires Administrator mode, it should make that clear up front. I shouldn't have to find it in a forum or FAQ.
mygeepah7

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:37 pm

It is normally that easy, some people on forums etc will post that they have issues since some folks are going to with any product. But typically IK software and sounds install and authorize with a few clicks. Sorry to hear it isn't like that for you.

It also should not require running as Administrator, I never have needed to do so in any version since the initial IK Product Manager up to and including updating AmpliTube 5 X yesterday.

IK Support can assist with these and any issues you have with IK software via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling