ToneX One Volume Control of Line In via USB-C

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

ToneX One Volume Control of Line In via USB-C

Postby RobsterAC » Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:26 am

Hi there,
if i connect my ToneX One via the included USB-C cable with my iPhone 15 Pro, its possible to hear backing tracks / music etc. (from the iPhone) on headphones (which are connected on the output jack of the ToneX One). The functionality is great! But: the backing tracks are veeeery loud on the headphones and if i change the volume on the iPhone its not effecting anything. The output to the headphones are always the same. Also the same procedure with my Windows Laptop. The global volume control of Windows has no effect. Only for example if i play a track in Windows Media Player the volume control of the Media Player has an effect (Volume at ca. 3/100 is ok).
It doesn't matter if the ToneX One is powered via 9V or USB-C. Both the same.

Is there a possibility to control the volume of the line input of a connected iPhone / mobile ohne? That would be really great! Any ideas?

(Sorry about my english).

Cheers, Rob
RobsterAC

Re: ToneX One Volume Control of Line In via USB-C

Postby folleville » Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:23 pm

Hi,

I have the same issue and can't really use the ToneX One with my phone as the music is way too loud. Even the 'master' volume available via the setup mode has no effect on it.

However if I use my laptop with applications that have built-in volume controls (YouTube, Tidal), then it becomes usable but still not really convenient to manage the overall volume and the balance between guitar and USB music.

The manual does state : "Use the controls on your DAW/application to adjust the volume of the playback.".
folleville

Re: ToneX One Volume Control of Line In via USB-C

Postby ToneXYZ » Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:33 pm

I have the same problem. :(

I tried with an iPhone 13 Pro (+dongle) and with an iPad Pro but the volume level coming from both of them is maxed out and it cannot be controlled. I may be wrong but I believe there is no way to control the output volume of the USB audio output on Apple mobile devices.

Obviously, I have no way to know but perhaps, it could be done on the Tone One with a firmware update. There should be a way to change level of the signal that goes from the USB port to the digital mixer that feeds the pedal output. A global setting could allow the setting of the USB input level. Unfortunately, this has not been implemented in the ToneX One.

I think the only option with an iPhone/iPad is to use an external mixer with a headphone amplifier. Tone One connected with a TRS 'Y' cable to the mixer, the iPhone/iPad connected to an external audio interface and then connected to the mixer. Not exactly a compact solution but it should work.

A little bit disappointing. :( I was hoping to take the ToneX One with me for a short trip. I wanted to use it connected to my iPad to write some ideas but unfortunately, it's not possible.
ToneXYZ

Return to Interfaces & Controllers