Assembly Window Frustrations

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Assembly Window Frustrations

Postby singermark@gmail.com » Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:00 pm

Hello all.

I'm finding myself somewhat hamstrung with the Assembly window in T-RackS 5 Max V2. This was the most important reason I purchased the product. What I have found is that it is extremely difficult to work with, and the upper and lower "lanes" of tracks, quickly fall apart once IDs are edited and tracks are moved. Often resulting in consecutive lower or upper lane tracks in a row making seeing cross fades, near impossible. I would insert an image but I don't see a way of uploading one here.

It also seems that the most intuitive of actions, for example dragging a track in the timeline, in front or behind another results in all hell breaking loose, rather than simply moving the track, along with the track ID. This seems to work better in the track list, but very quickly can also fall apart, with consecutive tracks in the same lane, etc.

It would be incredibly helpful if there was a) more documentation than one or two paragraphs, that explicitly explain how this works (and better yet, a video on YouTube), and b) a RESET button that simply recreates the album timeline and tags, based on the clip order.

Another pretty obvious addition would be shortcut keys for ZOOM to fit (waveform), in both clip and album windows, as well as "NEXT" and previous" tracks.

Is there a resource anywhere that I can use to see the Assembly module demonstrated in detail?

There is plenty to love about IK Multimedia's product, but it seems that it has some glarely holes and enhancements that should be considered.

Many thanks!
singermark@gmail.com

Re: Assembly Window Frustrations

Postby singermark@gmail.com » Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:15 am

I've noticed that when I find consecutive tracks in the same lane, it's actually because somehow there is a tiny sliver of a track separating them. The problem is, there is now way to remove this sliver. The clip appears twice in the clip list and if I delete it, it deletes the underlying file which means the other full length version of the clip no longer has a waveform. And so, I have to make a copy behind the scenes, delete the errant clip, and then rename the copy back to the original name.

This is a pretty narly workaround. What is unclear is why the slivers are appearing in the first place. All I am doing is dragging one track in the assembly window track list above another. It works 90% of the time but once in a while it doesn't.

Also, if you do delete the errant clip without creating a duplicate and renaming it back, accessing the remaining full length clip of the same name can cause T-RackS to crash and it won't reopen because there is a missing file. It doesn't tell you which one is missing either? I'm pretty sure there has to be a better way to recover a project!
singermark@gmail.com

Re: Assembly Window Frustrations

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:48 pm

Sorry to hear you are having issues. This sounds like a set of questions best answered and fixed by our IK Support team who can be reached via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools