IKMM Support Page: Invalid text in Message field

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

IKMM Support Page: Invalid text in Message field

Postby Kinketsu » Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:30 am

I'm trying to submit a question to support, but upon trying to submit the request, I keep getting a dialog that says something like 'Invalid text in the Message field'.

Any one else encounter this and know what it might mean?

(Tough to submit a support ticket that I'm unable to submit a support ticket...)

I suppose a bit off-topic for this sub-forum but I couldn't see a better place to put it.

Thanks,
K
Kinketsu

Re: IKMM Support Page: Invalid text in Message field

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:10 pm

I ran into that problem some time ago. It is probably some non-alpha-numeric character. The only was I resolved it was to remove those characters.

a long time ago, I did ask Support to improve the error message so that users could resolve the problem or to make it clear what characters are valid.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Kinketsu » Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:32 am

Thanks for confirming that this does happen sometimes. I will continue to try.

After the first couple failed, I rekeyed the entire message again into the input box, just in case I had done something weird (I had composed it in Notepad and pasted it in, previously). But even when I retyped it from scratch, I still got the error.

I did wonder about the total number of characters. It's a mildly lengthy message, but doesn't fully occupy the box. I'll try something simpler, and we'll see.

Anyway... thanks again for the response.

K
Kinketsu

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:53 am

Preparing your message in notepad or similar is a good idea.

Another tip: keep a copy of your Notepad text file (for the original message and your replies) as the Ticket system does not return that info to you.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby vac713 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:36 am

I encountered this issue and it was the symbol >. Removed it and was able to complete my request
vac713

Postby Kinketsu » Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:18 am

vac713 wrote:I encountered this issue and it was the symbol >. Removed it and was able to complete my request

Thanks for this hint. I had parentheses in my previous attempts. Took them out and the ticket went in.

But also I very consciously, on this latest attempt, didn't paste in the text with Ctrl-V -- I completely rekeyed it -- and also I did not Ctrl-C copy it afterward.

So ... at least one of those three things (parentheses, Ctrl-V, Ctrl-C) seems to have been responsible for the issue.

K
Kinketsu

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling