Turn off slide functionality?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Turn off slide functionality?

Postby Akhanar » Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:58 am

I am using a keyboard with a ribbon instead of a pitch wheel. I use it to do hammer ons which don't work with modo bass 2 because it makes the slide up noise instead of just playing the higher note.

Any way to just turn off that slide up noise?
Akhanar

Re: Turn off slide functionality?

Postby Akhanar » Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:08 pm

Nobody? I have a hard time believing no one has ever wanted to turn this off before. I love MODO bass except this issue makes it unusable. Maybe these forums are just dead?
Akhanar

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:18 pm

As no other user have chipped in, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support, via the IK Multimedia web site.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby goodmoodfooddude » Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:51 am

If you go to the Control Section in ModoBass2, next to 'Slide', it probably says 'PW' (for Pitch Wheel).

Click PW and change it to 'Off' (or Aftertouch, a different CC command, etc.).

No more slides. To get the ribbon to affect hammer-ons, I imagine you'll have to click 'KS' next to Ham. On/Pull Off, then click 'Learn', then use the ribbon for it to assign the ribbon to the hammer on effect, but I don't think this will have the desired effect you want - I think you'd still have to play the additional note on your keyboard.

But turning off the slide function is just a case of setting 'Slide' to 'Off'
goodmoodfooddude

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS