Do the SampleTank 4 MAX sounds include the standard sounds?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Do the SampleTank 4 MAX sounds include the standard soun

Postby aledco » Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:01 am

Mbernbrich wrote:...finally the package 'ST4 MAX' is installed (ST4 SE installed 2 days ago)
IK Product manager says: 292GB on disk
The downloaded files were: 186GB (99 zip files)
My Library folder contains: 247GB
My Library Folder contains: 8120 instruments (st3i, st4i files)
My Library Folder contains: 270 multis (st3m, st4m files)

Although I DID NOT install ST4 and ST4 SE, all the Sounds listed in the PDF in column 2 and 3 (col 1 is the inst. name) are available. Example:
- Bright Grand Piano 1
- Baby Grand Classical
- 4001 Sunburst Bass Delay
- Motown P Bass 1

Interesting is that only some of the Sounds from 'ST4 CS' are NOT IN the PDF list:
- Berlin Grand Piano
- P Bass Fat Finger
- Studio Vibes Dyna
- Stage Kit

Finally:
I am reluctant to install the other two packages (ST4 and ST4 SE).
I think it was not needed to install ST4 CS as ST4 MAX contains enough similar sounds.
I hope this helps a bit.

Regards,
Martin :-)

Thanks for this Martin. Very thorough analysis! It's not something any of us should have to do, but it's great that you have. I'm sure people in future will find your posts and they will help them.
aledco

Re: Do the SampleTank 4 MAX sounds include the standard soun

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:46 pm

Next time you might want to reach out to IK Support because the SampleTank 4 MAX v2 installation experience was streamlined and tested and should not have had these issues so they can help you directly in the future if you do not have a smooth experience installing IK products in a few clicks using IK Product Manager
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More