Total Studio is a total mess on my HD: how do I organize?

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Total Studio is a total mess on my HD: how do I organize?

Postby zepdude11@yahoo.com » Tue May 14, 2024 6:19 pm

I have Total Studio Max downloaded onto a drive dedicated to VI content but it is a mess. I created an NI folder and within that a Downloads folder and pointed the IK Product manager to them but unfortunately it didn't unpack things in an organized way -so when I do updates IK doesn't seem to understand what I already have and just add the new sounds.

Can someone tell me the hierarchy of how all these libraries and sounds should be organized? These seems to be 7 key folders (Instruments, Library Info, Library Resources, Samples, Patterns,Multis, Effects Presets). Should everything be put into those folders (combining Sampletron, Sampletank etc) or should each of those be seperated with their own groups of 7 folders?
Example of Folders:
SampleTank 4 Max
Sammpletank Max
SampleTron 2 Content
Modo Drum Content
Mirslav Philharmonic 2
Instrument
folder with Syntronik, Sampletank
Library Info: Alternate Keys.pak, Sampletank 4 CS.pak, Sampletank 4 imported.pak, Syntronik (various).pak
IK Multimedia Libraries (Alternate Keys, Clavitube, Electric Grand C70P etc).
zepdude11@yahoo.com

Re: Total Studio is a total mess on my HD: how do I organize

Postby Athensmusic » Wed May 29, 2024 2:58 pm

Hi,
Same issue here
Athensmusic

Postby Coolruler12 » Thu May 30, 2024 1:34 pm

Apologies if this is not answering this quesationn but it is a related question - can I install Total Studio Max 4 on internal HDD with sounds installed on an external USB SSD?

see my question here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34463&p=147854&hilit=total+studio+4+max#p147854
Win 11 Pro 32 GB Ram i7 proc.
Axe IO Solo, Amplitube Max, Novation Launchkey Mk3 49.
Protools, Ableton.
Coolruler12

Postby DarkStar » Thu May 30, 2024 6:30 pm

To the first two posters - the best thing to do is contact \technical Support, via the IKM web site, for one to ne advice. You will need to Search the FAQs first but then you will see a link to the Tech Support page.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby AlfredWallace2022 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:34 am

DarkStar wrote:To the first two posters - the best thing to do is contact \technical Support, via the IKM web site, for one to ne advice. You will need to Search the FAQs first but then you will see a link to the Tech Support page.

Hello DarkStar, I have a question for you. Have you personally managed to contact technical support?

It's been six days since I sent a help request form to IK and they haven't replied yet. And from what I can see on the forum, they don't seem to be responding there either.
I think that once the sale is made, they don't give a dang about us.
What do you think?

Thanks,

Dany
AlfredWallace2022

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:02 pm

Yes I have contacted Tech Support several times.

When you submit a Tech Support request you should get an auto-acknowledgement. You can reply to that at any time asking for an update or progress report. This forum is not a Company Tech Support forum.

Please see the forum Guidelines thread if you wish to escalate your Support request.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to General Discussions