Can i use my samples database on a different computer?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Can i use my samples database on a different computer?

Postby AndBrik62 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:10 pm

It took me a whole week of permanent downloading over 850 Gigabytes of libraries, on a fast internet connection. I hope, i can transfer those downloads to our machine in our home studio, where we have only very slow internet. Of course we have a three place license.

So, is it sufficient, to install and authorize the software on the other machine, and just point to the sound libraries? And what is required? Only that 854 GB folder, or is there any other stuff on my C: drive, that also has to be carried over?
AndBrik62

Re: Can i use my samples database on a different computer?

Postby AndBrik62 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:02 pm

Is this really a support forum? Guys, i need an answer until tomorrow.
AndBrik62

Postby AndBrik62 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:48 pm

So, does this mean, that my 850 Gigs worth of downloads are worthless on our home studio computer, unless downloaded again?

I am really starting to get disappointed by IK Multimedia products. Whay are they doing that to their customers? Aside from the fact, that no IK staff member cares about my post here. I was expecting to get an answer, why they are putting these kind of obstacles in our way.

But anyway, thanks for your reply.
AndBrik62

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:19 pm

The first line of the rules that are linked at the top of every page and to which you agreed to when signing up for the forum state very clearly that this is not a tech support forum.

Many people use their samples for IK products on an external drive that is used on multiple computers and the EULA also states that you can install them on up to three computers as long as you're not running the software simultaneously on them.

If you need further technical support, the IK Support team can be reached at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw

Also, that was a spam reply with the sole purpose of posting their spam link so it was removed.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby AndBrik62 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:15 pm

OK, thanks, Peter_IK.

We won't use the stuff simultaniously. But my initial question is still noch answered. Would we have to download all libraries for the usage in our studio? My plan is, to prepare tracks at home, and later complete the sessions in our studio. So, no usage at the same time on two machines would occur.
AndBrik62

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:15 pm

You can put the samples on an external drive or copy them to another drive and point SampleTank to them and rescan, and you'll be able to use them without redownloading.

This FAQ explains how to point SampleTank to a custom sound content path so you can point it to wherever you copy/store your samples: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1407
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby AndBrik62 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:28 pm

Thanks you very much! That sounds promising, and will save us many hours of slow downloading in our studio. We're looking forward to work with IK Multimedia products, as we already have purchased SampleTank 4 Max and also the exquisite B-3X. Great work!
AndBrik62

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More