ToneX Modeler Problem

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ToneX Modeler Problem

Postby Shelter_Studios » Tue May 28, 2024 9:57 pm

Dear community

I just purchased a ToneX One and I am super happy with it. I used the Tonex Modeler first time to make a Model of one of my vintage amps - it worked absolutely perfect with no issues.

However - when starting my 2nd modeling process, I was completely stuck. I went the same way, did all the same steps and all the setup was done, but when startint capturing, theres an error popping up: silent recording! check your current audio settings.

I have no idea what the problem here could be. It looks like software is unable so send audio into the amp - or the output of the rig is not entering the software. However - in the whole setup process everything worked, the whole signal chain from the software to Line Out, Reamp Box to the amp, Loadbox and IR loader when testing everything is fine, but in the capture process there is audio missing...

Has anyone an idea, what the problem could be here? I am absolutely clueless...
Shelter_Studios

Re: ToneX Modeler Problem

Postby Palouw » Wed May 29, 2024 2:33 pm

I had the same problem, the input was literally to low for the first clicks to register, - although the calibration prior said the volume was ok. I simply raised the input volume a couple of dBs.
Palouw

Re: ToneX Modeler Problem

Postby Shelter_Studios » Wed May 29, 2024 4:42 pm

Hey Palouw
Thanks for your help. You are absolutely right! I was able to solce the problem. However - I think the software is really bad in terms of gain staging. The Hi-Z gain staging meter still shows to low even if the guitar is leveled in on a level where hard strokes could hit digital clipping - and the input from the rig back into the interface needed to be rauseid to almost hit 0dB. A really thin line in which the software feels comfortable….
Shelter_Studios

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling