Computer advice for a music recording beginner

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Computer advice for a music recording beginner

Postby Henryjames65 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:23 am

harrycallum wrote:I haven't owned a desktop computer in nearly 10 years, and haven't had a laptop for about 5. I've been demoing things with my iPhone for years now but I feel like I'm finally ready to begin learning to record myself. I'm behind on the technology and am not sure of some things... Like if I will need an ssd or quad core processors and things like that. I want to buy a desktop on Black Friday and have done a bunch of research, but I still don't know if I should go mac or pc (money is an issue as I have to buy the software and hardware involved with recording still). My main question is, is there a pc desktop that is better for music production than the iMac all in ones?

options. The choice between the two often comes down to personal preference and budget.

If you are looking for a PC alternative to the iMac, there are many options available. Some popular choices for music production include the Dell XPS or Alienware Aurora R11. These computers offer powerful processors and plenty of storage space for large audio files. Additionally, both of these models offer options for solid-state drives (SSDs), which can improve the performance of your computer.
Henryjames65

Postby vac713 » Thu May 23, 2024 11:24 pm

I was a windows guy for many years but I switched to Mac about 10 years ago. If you're looking to do audio production or video editing, MAC is the only way to go. I own virtually everything IKMM offers and never have any issues with any of their products on my MACs. When I look at the forums, most (not all) of the folks reporting issues are PC users. Yeah, they cost more but you'll be able to use it for many years to come
vac713

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 24, 2024 4:02 pm

vac713 wrote:I was a windows guy for many years but I switched to Mac about 10 years ago. If you're looking to do audio production or video editing, MAC is the only way to go. I own virtually everything IKMM offers and never have any issues with any of their products on my MACs. When I look at the forums, most (not all) of the folks reporting issues are PC users. Yeah, they cost more but you'll be able to use it for many years to come

I disagree with regard to audio production. I use Mac for my laptop/general use but for audio production I have a much more powerful audio production workstation than I would ever be able to afford it it were on a Mac. It works amazingly, with 24 cores and 96GB RAM I feel I have power to spare for most projects. I also have 24 channels of analog I/O via three Steinberg interfaces attached which work amazingly too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling