Help with Tonex software

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Help with Tonex software

Postby telecastermds » Tue May 21, 2024 12:20 am

I’m not getting how to use the Tonex software. I have my Tonex pedal going into my FRFR amp. I connect USB to my laptop. I guess I’m in preset mode. How do I get the amp on the laptop screen to play sound thru my amp? I want to tweak on the laptop and save to the pedal.
telecastermds

Re: Help with Tonex software

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 21, 2024 4:45 pm

You need to switch TONEX Pedal to interface mode if you want to use it as an audio interface on your computer to audition sounds etc. The steps are in the TONEX Pedal User Manual available in your IK Product Manager and on the TONEX Pedal web page on the IK site. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Help with Tonex software

Postby someonemorose » Thu May 23, 2024 2:37 am

Setting Up the Hardware
Connect the Pedal to Your Laptop:
Connect your Tonex pedal to your laptop using a USB cable.
Connect the Pedal to Your FRFR Amp:
Connect the output of the Tonex pedal to the input of your FRFR amp.
Configuring the Tonex Software
Install and Open Tonex Software:
Make sure you have the Tonex software installed on your laptop. Open the software after ensuring that your pedal is connected.
Check the Connection:
In the Tonex software, ensure that your pedal is recognized. There should be an indication in the software that a Tonex device is connected.
Set Up Audio Preferences:
Go to the settings or preferences menu in the Tonex software.
Select the Tonex pedal as the audio interface. This will ensure that the software sends audio to the pedal, which then outputs to your FRFR amp.
Using the Software to Tweak Sounds
Select a Preset:
Navigate to the preset section in the Tonex software and choose the preset you want to edit.
Edit the Preset:
Use the controls and parameters available on the screen to tweak the sound. This can include adjusting amp settings, effects, and other parameters.
Monitor the Sound:
As you make changes, the sound should be played through your FRFR amp, allowing you to hear the adjustments in real-time.
Saving the Preset to the Pedal
Save Changes:
Once you are satisfied with the adjustments, save the preset within the Tonex software.
Transfer Preset to the Pedal:
Follow the procedure to transfer the edited preset from the software to your pedal. This typically involves selecting the preset and using an option like “Send to Pedal” or similar within the software.
someonemorose

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling