Tonex app sync function

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex app sync function

Postby alcestepl_ » Sun May 19, 2024 9:21 am

Hello.

I've got a Tonex One recently and, being new to the Tonex world, I was expecting that if I changed the preset settings on the pedal (I understand that the pedal always saves the changes done with the pedal knobs), then when I connected to the app and did "Sync", the same app presets that were updated on the pedal would be updated on the app too.

But I see that it doesn't. If I have preset A that I put on the pedal, changed settings on the pedal, and then do sync, preset A on the app is still the original one, not the one edited on the pedal.

If I want to have the pedal edited preset A on the app, I need to drag and drop it from the Librarian and it creates a preset A_01 on the presets list. Do it several times and will end up with a long list of unwanted presets on the preset list...

Is that the way it works? What's the point of the Sync function?

thanks
alcestepl_

Re: Tonex app sync function

Postby Witypone » Mon May 20, 2024 8:55 am

This might be the intended behavior to prevent overwriting presets in the app that you may want to keep unchanged. The creation of a new preset (like A_01) after dragging and dropping is a way to keep versions of your edits without losing the original preset settings.

four colors
Witypone

Re: Tonex app sync function

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 20, 2024 5:17 pm

The sync is for your library which is stored in the TONEX software. The TONEX software is a librarian for the pedals, so you'd need to drag and drop Tone Models to and from the pedals.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling