TONEX one DI signal?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

TONEX one DI signal?

Postby Martin hallberg » Thu May 16, 2024 6:25 am

Hi! I bought the TONEX one hoping to be able to use it as an audio interface to send the dry DI signal to my DAW. Is this not possible? I only get the audio signal with the amp sound from the TONEX when I record it to my DAW.
Martin hallberg

Re: TONEX one DI signal?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 16, 2024 3:30 pm

Please consult the "TONEX ONE as an audio interface" section of the TONEX ONE User Manual (available in your IK Product Manager or on the IK web site) and if that does not help you please reach out to IK Support via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw and they will be able to assist you further.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Martin hallberg » Thu May 16, 2024 4:25 pm

I read it and can’t seem to find my answer. Wrote here to see if someone else had the same issue. I’ll contact support
Martin hallberg

Postby ale040 » Sat May 18, 2024 8:41 pm

Hi!
I have the same issue.
I just want to use Tone X One as an audio interface, using other plugins and NOT the sound coming from the pedal itself.
Bypass the pedal (no model sound, just dry sound) is not an option since the resulting sound in the monitor is the "sum" of the pedal dry signal and the sound from the plugin from the daw.

The workaround is to connect headphones directly to my MAC, not on the Tone X One, but the latency is quite high.

Do we have an option to "mute" the pedal itself when used as an audio interface? I think Tone X pedal has this feature.

Thank you!
ale040

Postby Martin hallberg » Sat May 18, 2024 8:45 pm

I found a work around by setting the pedal to “stomp mode” and using the off setting. Now I can use it as a clean di signal in my DAW with other plugins. Another issue I have is when using the TONEX software and loading amp models to the pedal, it sounds like I hear the pedal and the software so the sound is doubled.
Martin hallberg

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 20, 2024 5:44 pm

This very topic is mentioned in the section of the manual I cite above. If you are not able to use that information to get the results you were expecting please reach out to IK Support via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw

From the manual:
NOTE: For its structure, TONEX ONE monitoring is always active so you should disable the monitoring function inside your DAW/application.

If you are having issues with this, please contact support via the link above.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling