What do I need to use ODS Legends?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

What do I need to use ODS Legends?

Postby jmclovin » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:42 pm

I'm new to amp modeling and I could use some help. I don't think I've ever been more confused by a company's product offerings nor more frustrated by the experience of trying to use them for the first time after making a purchase.

I bought ODS Legends and got a confirmation that included a link to download IK Product Manager (for MacOS) so I could "Download and authorize my products". I downloaded it and my newly purchased ODS Legends software isn't shown anywhere in Software or Sounds. I downloaded TONEX CS because on the ODS Legends product page it says "DOWNLOAD TONEX CS FOR FREE". When I search for "ODS" in the list of amps, I see 11 amps that say "ODS" in the name, but they don't appear to be the new ODS Legends amps. They all have dates of 2022-09-29 and the amp picture is a generic TONEX amp. Also, if I click on one of them it says I can try it for 30 minutes or purchase TONEX MAX.

1. Can anyone tell me where to find my ODS Legends tone models?
2. If I purchase TONEX MAX, will I be able to use the ODS Legend tone models (if I ever find them) to record tracks in GarageBand (using it as a plug-in I think)?
3. I see it's called Amplitube TONEX MAX so does that mean I also need to buy Amplitube 5 for it to work?

Thanks!
jmclovin

Re: What do I need to use ODS Legends?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:07 pm

1. You would need to click on Collections on the bar under the amp graphic and then on top you'll see three choices, you would choose Signature to access the ODS Legends.

2. You don't need to buy TONEX MAX to use the TONEX plugin in your DAW. The free version will work too. But there are 1,100 Tone Models and the ability to download unlimited User Tone Models on ToneNET (and there are over 12,000 there!) if you do buy TONEX MAX which is on sale for $/€79.99 which is $/€120 off of the upgrade pricing - quite a deal.

3. You don't need to buy AmpliTube for TONEX to work. But you can use TONEX inside AmpliTube if you'd like so that's an option for you if you want to further expand your tonal options.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby captship » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:47 pm

Hi Peter

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, also purchased the legends package - I hope they sound as awesome in my setup as they do in the demos!

It shows in Product Manager under Tonex Product tab as being registered yet after numerous reinstall of my products the collection is nowhere to be seen under the collection - signature page

Oddly also getting a Not Valid digital signature every time starting Tonex - am on latest version 1.2.5. AT5 loads without any error messages.

Have a request into support, but am hopeful you can point out what I missed when doing the installation.
captship

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:59 pm

You would need to run a Restore Purchases in TONEX, per the instructions in the news https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=IKReleasesODS

Signature Collections can be browsed and purchased via ToneNET, IK’s online tone-sharing and social platform, or within any version of TONEX Mac/PC including the free TONEX CS. After purchase, Signature Collections become activated inside TONEX software by selecting “Restore Purchases” in the Account panel, which instantly downloads all collection Tone Models to the user’s local library ready to play.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jmclovin » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:12 pm

Thank you, Peter.

I followed your instructions and I only see them listed in Collections > Signature if I search for "ODS". If I click on one of them, I get a message saying, "This Tone Model is included in the following TONEX versions: TONEX MAX. Upgrade your TONEX version, etc....". Above the list, it says "Please log in or switch to ToneNet to export all the available Collections or click here to Restore Purchases and download the Collections you already purchased. I clicked "click here to Restore Purchases" and the account window appears, the Status is "You are offline" and when I click the Restore Purchases button it quickly flashes "Getting owned Tone Models list..." but nothing actually happens. It just goes back to the screen with the message about "Please log in..."

Quite by accident, I noticed "ToneNET" in the upper right corner changes very slightly if I move the mouse over it so I clicked it and all the amps in the list disappeared. I then clicked the refresh button and got a warning "103: Please verify that you have created a valid ToneNet account. For more info...". So, I went to http://www.tone.net and created an account. I see ODS Legends in the Collections here, but when I click on them in TONEX I still get the messages above about needing to login and buying TONEX MAX.

How do I login to ToneNet from TONEX (assuming that's what I need to do)?
jmclovin

Postby captship » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:08 am

Have tried to reauthorize purchases at least a dozen times. The only thing that I get is the Product Manager pops up and says Tonex is authorized - nothing changes within Tonex.
captship

Postby captship » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:09 am

oops meant to say restore purchases about a dozen times getting only a Tonex has been authorized message without any sign of the collection.
captship

Postby captship » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:52 pm

While they do not show up on the signature collection tab yet - I can now access them in both Tonex and AT5 and man oh man worth the money - straight up sweet if you are thinkin on it at all at 50% off don't think too long :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
captship

Postby jmclovin » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:29 pm

I finally solved the problem with these steps:

1. Quit TONEX
2. Logout of IK Product Manager
3. Quit IK Product Manager
4. Open IK Product Manager
5. Login to IK Product Manager
6. Open TONEX
7. Navigate to Player > Collections > Signature and they finally appeared

In summary:
- The tone models sound great and I'm able to use TOXEX CS as a plugin in GarageBand
[mod redacted - unnecessary, and please review the rules when posting]
jmclovin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling