Bug? X-Gear Tone X Phase Cancellation

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Bug? X-Gear Tone X Phase Cancellation

Postby dlmatera1994 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:04 pm

Hello All,

I am having an issue recording with the tonex -> x-VIBE -> interface. The phases of the stereo outs are entirely out of phase, so when summed to mono to in a mixing or live situation, they cancel- is this intentional? I don't run into the issue when using the VST versions (but can't load my pedalboard into that)

I assumed these stereo pairs sent out separate audio information (for example, the left may be slightly different due to the reverb of the tonex pedal- but is this actually just a duplicate of the mono audio with a phase inversion added? Is this also the case for the X-VIBE when a pedal fx is not engaged?

Is there any guidance on this?
dlmatera1994

Re: Bug? X-Gear Tone X Phase Cancellation

Postby dlmatera1994 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:04 pm

Any insight from IK or folks that use this pedal stereo?
dlmatera1994

Re: Bug? X-Gear Tone X Phase Cancellation

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:35 pm

dlmatera1994 wrote:Any insight from IK or folks that use this pedal stereo?

If you would like insight from IK it would be best to open a support ticket or keep working with them if you have already done so. I hope some other users might also chime in if they have insight or experience, too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling