colored dots?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

colored dots?

Postby Nickfox1@ » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:55 pm

Hi

In the tonex app, under presets, there are five colored dots in the first column. I cannot find a legend or description anywhere.

Can you please explain what they are.

thanks
Nick
Nickfox1@

Re: colored dots?

Postby nicolasfox » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:18 pm

anybody?
nicolasfox

Postby Stompy231 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:18 am

They symbolize a block, or a tone model component, that's turned on. The colors mirror the top menu and they represent as follows: purple - noise gate, blue - compressor, green - amp, red - cabinet, yellow - reverb.

Note that the order of the dots is somehow messed up in comparison to the blocks above the main window - I guess nobody at IK noticed that.
Stompy231

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:33 am

From the manual:
The PRESET CHAIN colors available in the PRESET list shows which modules are active for the selected PRESET.

The order changes on purpose. Note that the order is different for each preset to indicate where in the chain a component is (if enabled). For example, if the compressor is set to POST it will of course show the blue dot AFTER the other components. So yes, everybody at IK noticed that because it is intended and purposeful :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Stompy231 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:33 am

Peter, I'm sorry for having been condescending. However, I can't find the quote you've given in the 1.0.3 ToneX pedal manual (is it in ToneX standalone app one, which I can't locate at your website either?), which goes to show the dots and their (changing) order may not be entirely clear for a user.

I'm not trying to be combative, but such little things that seem obvious to developers might escape users who aren't outstandingly computer-savvy.
Stompy231

Postby nicolasfox » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:10 am

Hey guys, thanks for your response, I get it now.

Since you mentioned it, I actually am a retired software developer and I did read the manual.

from page 100:
Document Version:1.25
Latest Update: 2023/11/15

But I didn't understand the colored dots until you responded. Maybe some simple one word tool tips over those controls would help a little.

I started using Tonex in Logic Pro (on mac mini) and I noticed that when I clicked the play button on the "Audio Demo" at the bottom of the screen, nothing happened.

When I use the stand alone Tonex app, it works fine. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

ps. on a side note, I think the captures are astounding. This app is a game changer.
nicolasfox

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling