Couldn't open the input device

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Couldn't open the input device

Postby bjh517 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:37 am

Hello

I am using the Presonus Audiobox usb96 and when I try to configure it as the input and output of Standalone Amplitube5, it says "Couldn't open the input device". And it won't let me go any further.
I can configure it as the out device with no issues, but it won't recognize it as the input device.
I am also using Line6 Podfarm 3.5 and the Presonus Audiobox usb96 works with no issue.

I don't know what to do...
I am 59 years old and not a computer genius.

Thanks
Brian
bjh517

Re: Couldn't open the input device

Postby Boogieshoes » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:20 pm

Brian,

I had to lookup the presonus audiobox 96 and scan the user manual to check that it has device driver software that allows it to be used as an ASIO device within Amplitube or any other audio software package. The manual says it can be used with what they call ‘Core audio’ or ‘Asio’ software that can be downloaded from you presonus account (assuming they didn’t provide a disc with the drivers with it). You don’t say what computer you are using windows or Mac?

I don’t know if PODfarm is using ASIO with the audiobox. Some package use default Windows audio drivers. I don’t touch Apple stuff so can’t help you on Mac at all.

So my first question is have you installed the audiobox and its device drivers?

I ask because as page 21 of the AT5 manual says, the stand alone AT5 will will ‘ask you to setup your audio interface’. If the drivers are not present then configuring AT5 to use the audiobox with ASIO won’t setup.

I would also make sure nothing else (software wise) is trying to use the audiobox when you are using AT5. Assuming that you can setup the AT5 asio settings, then AT5 can be used within a DAW (digital audio workstation) like Reaper, Ableton etc. as a vst plugin.
Boogieshoes

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling