Aplotube 5 not working right

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Aplotube 5 not working right

Postby tonym1979 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:01 pm

When using AmpliTube 5, I'm using a slash boost pedal, and a treble boost pedal. I'm also usually sending as much gain as possible to get a decent sound. By that time, if its not clipping, the signal to noise ratio is so high that the buzz or hiss is really loud and almost as loud as the music.

On some amps I'll have the track gain knob turned up 10db or so. Then I'll turn the input way up in the software. With output near zero depending. Without these steps everything just sounds muffled.

Amplitube 4 didn't have this issue.
tonym1979

Re: Aplotube 5 not working right

Postby tonym1979 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:35 am

To add to that: I'm running a gretsch through a pedal board, with a tune down pedal (down 1 note) and sometimes through a soul food pedal. Then through a warm audio active DI box, into an interface.

Some amps, the soul food pedal isn't needed, if I adjust the gain in the software. Sometimes it's muffled, and I turn on the pedal to add treble. The issue with that is that every guitar track will have a different gain stage, and later on, if I wanted to punch in to record, I would have to re-record the whole track, unless I magically matched how it was set up.
tonym1979

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling