Amplitube 5 Crashing on startup

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 Crashing on startup

Postby hoenerbr » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:57 am

At my wits end! Amp5 crashes as the program is loading. One thing I noticed was, if I unauthorize, then launch the program it will stop and say its not authorized and lets me open Authorization Manager, authorize it and then Amp5 opens and works fine until next time, then I have to start the process over again. I have uninstalled, removed everything that has to do with Amp 5 and reinstall with no help. Even tried a an app uninstaller, no help! Just hoping someone else had the same issue and found a solution!
hoenerbr

Re: Amplitube 5 Crashing on startup

Postby Boogieshoes » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:30 am

You don’t state what version of AT you have authorised and that this is happening with, so I’m guessing probably the free trial version. There are many things other than the IK software that could be at issue, the operating system you are using and its status can have a big impact on stability of packages. Installing and then deleting software it seems is recipe for all kinds of system snarl ups as many packages leave residual garbage in hidden places that can and, my experience do, just make a mess of your PC in terms of reliability. If the PC has been in use a long while and lots of stuff has been used, added and removed the sort of issue you describe sound like a time to take stock of what is on the PC that you really use, backup you user data (if you haven’t) and trash the PC and start again. Boring and long faff work, as it takes time to get things reconfigured but it often the only way to clear the garbage that is screwing up your pc out.

Looking at your length of time on the forum, you have been around a long time so will be familiar with the reply that this is not a tech help forum and it’s best to get support via a dedicated support request to IK.

I know it’s a frustrating reply to get but that’s the way this place works (or doesn’t).
Boogieshoes

Postby hoenerbr » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:40 am

Thanks Boogieshoes

I am on a MacBook Pro on Monterey and I I have AmpliTube 5 MAX. Oddly enough your response was about a PC. Lol I have a PC that Use one of my activations with and it works great! On the Mac it has to be something with the authorization because like I said if I unauthorize, the open AMP 5 it says I am not authorized, it then lets me open Authorization Manager and authorize, then it continues to load fine and works until next time. Very weird!
Thanks for your response!
hoenerbr

Postby Boogieshoes » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:58 am

You are welcome. Sorry I can’t help more. Quite correct as to me referencing PC I do have an iPAD but I am not really an Apple person ever since the old original Apple 2 when they first started.

Ok on AT 5 Max too. I went with that package but I haven’t been successful with it for a number of reasons so stopped updates at AT 5.3 but not using it having pretty much given up with it. I look in here now and again ever hopeful that I’ll find help or an update worth installing that may fix things. Everything these days seem focussed on Tonex and I’m not interested in going that route based on experience so far.

I hope you find a fix.
Boogieshoes

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling