Amplitube 5 Max V2 vs V1

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube 5 Max V2 vs V1

Postby nastynate13 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:39 pm

Thanks - I hear you to a point but have a few thoughts on that:

1. I don't think it's accurate to say think to say I discovered a better deal later on. I discovered the deal 30 seconds after my purchase.

2. I'm not asking for a refund - I'm asking for a credit that can be used for something not included in the bundle.

3. I still don't think - regardless of this being a software vs. a hardware product - that is a reasonable practice to have a zero credit or return policy for software that you purchase in error and recognize immediately after. The "Sorry you're SOL" approach to customer support is shady / disingenuous when there is a more thoughtful and understanding way of handling the situation IMO.
nastynate13

Postby darkogav » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:51 pm

sorry to hear your frustration. some companies do give credit for product purchased. others don't. its just t the way it is. different companies have different policies.

in case it helps, getting into the AmpliTube ecosystem is pretty good. IK were one of the first, if not the first companies to make commercial guitar sim software products. I believe back in 2002 it was just IKM and NI with Guitar Rig.
darkogav

Postby nastynate13 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:12 pm

Thanks again, but I'm not satisfied with the "It's just the way it is" or "other companies do it too" defense.

"The way it is" is a policy and policies change if customers demand it. There is no practical reason why there could not be a same day credit / return policy.

I'd also argue that policies like this end up hurting the company in the end. I'm already less inclined to recommend or purchase additional IK content as a result of this experience. Loyalty depends on trust. The best way to lose trust is to treat a potentially influential customer like a transaction.
nastynate13

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:37 pm

I understand you are frustrated. Please provide your ticket number and I can at very least have someone take a look. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nastynate13 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:44 pm

Thank you. #1430609
nastynate13

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:59 pm

nastynate13 wrote:Thank you. #1430609

Done, thank you. You should be hearing more as soon as possible.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nastynate13 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:44 pm

Issue resolved. Phew. Thank you.
nastynate13

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling