Suddenly missing almost all of my activations

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Suddenly missing almost all of my activations

Postby Floki99 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:53 am

Haven't messed with my Amplitube is a while, updated and I'm at 3 authorizations left. I had lost one to a computer that the HDD went bad on, but Ive always had 8 left with my current PC activated. Anyone else have an issue like this?
Floki99

Re: Suddenly missing almost all of my activations

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:18 pm

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Floki99 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:17 pm

OK understood. One issue I have is that unlike my _ licenses I am able to unauthorize computers that I no longer have access to. Will this be possible moving forward?
Floki99

Postby Boogieshoes » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:02 am

I would guess it depends on why you no longer have access to deactivate the install on the pc.

It is a worry I have as although I rarely use the software, the install I have (only 1 as I recall) is on an older PC, I tend to run a PC with minimal intervention over a very long period because it’s getting harder and harder to contend with all the hassle of keeping up with changes. I have lost a lot of faith in big organisations that they will help if things go wrong and you genuinely need their help. So I am guessing if you lost all activations for some reason you would be at the mercy of the supplier to accept a plea for help.

As result of the troubles I have had with PCs and software support in general I no longer favour using things that leave me worried about having to get help where I can’t speak to somebody directly.
Boogieshoes

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling