Punch In Issue - AmpliTube 5 Recorder

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Punch In Issue - AmpliTube 5 Recorder

Postby Lutrex » Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:58 pm

Hey -

I am brand new to Amplitube 5 - I spent a lot of time on the iOS version for iPad.

My question has to do with using the "punch in" feature to fix a recorded track. I have no problem marking out the section of a track to be overwritten, hitting record, and putting in the fix. My issue is that the new addition does not totally overwrite the "bad" section and you can hear both on replay. Indeed, the old section appears visually as a "ghost" under the new section of the track.

The fact that you can see both the new and old waveforms on the track indicates to me that this is a "feature" of the recorder and that my inability to totally overwrite the old section is user error.

So....help. I've looked at the manual and don't see anything about this.
Lutrex

Re: Punch In Issue - AmpliTube 5 Recorder

Postby Lutrex » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:59 pm

.....and I think that I have figured it out. The "punch in" doesn't overwrite on the track. You have to use the "cut" feature to remove your error, and THEN use the "punch in" to fix stuff.

The iPad version of AmpliTube had a different work flow. Who knew? Obviously, I didn't....
Lutrex

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling