Bug Mesa Boogie Mark IV (Presence shift)

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Bug Mesa Boogie Mark IV (Presence shift)

Postby irisallevi » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:10 pm

Hi!

I noticed the Mesa Mark IV model has a wired version of the actual PRSENCE PULL SHIFT function in the lead channel.

First thing: I think it's reversed compared to the original model. When PULLED, the sound should have more presence and highs, while in the Amplitube Mesa version it's the opposite.

Then, the change in sound is way too dramatic. When shifted, it makes the tone very muddy. In the amp the effect is way more subtle.

Hope you can fix this, because I really love your Mesa packs. They allow for full twekability and that's very nice.

Thanks!
irisallevi

Re: Bug Mesa Boogie Mark IV (Presence shift)

Postby darkogav » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:11 pm

Interesting post. That is one of my most used sims. I will need to take a closer look at it. I never had access to the original.

Did you try to open a support ticket or open a feature request via the IKM site? They may not be looking on this forum.

Also, just throwing it out there. There is a new discord server starting up for AT5 and TX, in case anyone using discord.

https://discord.gg/JUrtBNmN
darkogav

Postby irisallevi » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:31 pm

Thanks, I also sent a message.

Let me know what you find out if you try ;)
irisallevi

Postby darkogav » Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:55 am

On my setup, when I press the bright button next to the lead drive knob, the knob looks like it pulls upwards and the tone it slightly more trebbly/brighter. that is my understanding how it is supposed to work. i never used a real Mesa IV
darkogav

Postby irisallevi » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:03 pm

Yes, that's how the Bright switch works. I'm talking about the presence shift function, which is on the left of the lead presence control.
irisallevi

Postby darkogav » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:58 am

irisallevi wrote:Yes, that's how the Bright switch works. I'm talking about the presence shift function, which is on the left of the lead presence control.

Hi, I am trying it out and to be honest, it's very subtle and can't really tell a big difference when testing it.
darkogav

Postby Matthias Mueller » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:17 pm

irisallevi wrote:Thanks, I also sent a message.

Let me know what you find out if you try ;)

Hi,

[mod redacted - unnecessary]

i'm experiencing the same thing but i have to say that i don't have expirience with the real deal.
From what i read, there is a volume drop when you pull the presence shift. This happens also in the AT model. But on the other hand it should get brighter and reduce bass and this is definitaly not the case!

So, i don't know if its just the knob thats the wrong way around or something else but definitaly something funky going on here....
Matthias Mueller

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling