TONEX pedal as stomp box(pedal captures) into input tube amp

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

TONEX pedal as stomp box(pedal captures) into input tube amp

Postby deloosem » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:47 pm

Hi,

I want to use the tonex pedal as stomp box with my favourite pedal chain capture (no cab only pedals) into my tube amps guitar input. Like you would use a normal stomp box between guitar and amp.

Is that possible. I don't see anything but power amps in the manual. Wouldn't I run into problems going into a hi-z input of the amp?
deloosem

Re: TONEX pedal as stomp box(pedal captures) into input tube

Postby globalstar54 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:26 am

although you might have already have the answer but i replied just in case someone else is asking the same question.

1. Tonex pedal as a stompbox works well going into input of the combo tube amplifier, and also the fx loop of the tube amp.

2, without or without the "Cab"" in tonex pedal turn on, both sounds good, not bad but really depend on your ""Real amplifier. Adjust the parameter for taste.

i have been using some mid range FX so i know the concerns, some must use the 4 cable method and some is a must to go into the fx loop of the amp, else they sound lack of bass or wierd latency ,right?

I only answer for Tonex Pedal.
globalstar54

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling