AXE I/O One control panel

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O One control panel

Postby Mikfenn1 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:45 pm

Today for some reason I cannot get AXE control panel to open. It opens brifly and shuts down. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled, shut PC down multiple times, disconnected, reconnected and still same thing. Anyone else experienced anything similar and found a fix....
Mikfenn1

Re: AXE I/O One control panel

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:38 pm

Is it minimizing to your system tray instead of keeping the window open? Aside from that I'd suggest also contacting IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw if that is not the case (and if you have not already done so). Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Mikfenn1 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:41 pm

I noticed something else since. If I disconnect the AXE I/O One and then open the software it stays open. If I keep it open and then reconnect the AXE sure enough it closes. Its also not open in task manager so it is defintely closing. I did email support.
Mikfenn1

Postby Nathan Shane » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:12 am

Count me in on this issue as well. When I first got my I/O One, I installed all the software which was required and had ZERO issues. The unit worked as expected and there were no issues with the Control Panel. I could connect and disconnect the I/O One with or without the Control Panel app running and it worked flawlessly. However, when I connected the I/O One a few days ago, the Control Panel app would display for just a brief moment and shut down. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Product Manager, the Audio Driver, the Control Panel and the issue still exists. I even performed a Firmware Reset for the I/O One and that didn’t resolve this issue. The ONLY way to get the Control Panel to work correctly is to RESTART the computer and when the Control Panel auto-starts upon computer boot up, then the app displays on-screen as expected. But if I close the app, then the issue continues to occur until I reboot the computer.
Nathan Shane

Postby Mikfenn1 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:22 am

Nathan

If you disconnect the hardware does AXE control then open and stay open?
Mikfenn1

Postby Nathan Shane » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:02 am

The answer to your question is both YES and NO. I can disconnect the I/O One and have the Control Panel crash. I can disconnect and the Control Panel doesn’t crash. If the Control Panel is working/displays without the I/O One being connected, as soon as I connect it, the Control Panel crashes. There’s no rhyme or reason to what the apps behavior will be at any given time. But there’s definitely a bug taking place under Windows 11 and it could be on IK’s end, or Microsoft/Windows. Perhaps it’s a USB issue, since the I/O One is a USB 2.0 device and all my USB port connections are USB 3.0.
Nathan Shane

Postby Mikfenn1 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:33 am

Nathan

With the help of support we fixed mine. If you have any other USB devices, e.g, another interface, or Line6 product or something. Go ahead and shut them down and try again.

I had A HX Stomp, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Source Audio EQ2, Tonex Pedal and a Fractal FM 3 connected as well. It turns out as soon as I turn the FM3 on, it crashes the AXE software control panel.

I haven't played around by moving to different USB ports but thats my problem. Cant run FM3 Edit with FM3 connected and expect I/O control panel to run.

I suppose it could have been a wireless dongle or anything...so thats where you need to look for now.

They did get me to reset the settings for AXE as well but thats not what fixed it IMO
Mikfenn1

Postby Nathan Shane » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:15 am

Thanks for sharing, you may have just solved my issue. The one thing we have in common is the FM3. I’ll have to run some tests but I seem to recall using the I/O One by itself for AmpliTube 5, Guitar Rig 6, and TONEX. I left the FM3 turned off since I was checking out the I/O One. But, I just started using the FM3 again and that does seem to be when the Control Panel started crashing. And, I run the FM3 and I/O One both connected to the same USB 3.0 powered hub. I’ll let you know how it goes when I have a chance to check this all out.
Nathan Shane

Postby Mikfenn1 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:20 am

Cool, hope it fixes it
Mikfenn1

Postby Nathan Shane » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:57 am

The verdict’s in. It is absolutely the FM3 which is causing the Control Panel to crash. To make a workable solution, I had to connect only the FM3 to its own USB 3.0 port. Then I connected the I/O One to a powered hub (to which my Roland OCTA-CAPTURE is also connected to) and connected that hub to the other USB 3.0 port on my laptop. Everything seems to be working as expected. However, I dislike having to use a workaround to resolve a hardware/software issue. Like most people, I just want to connect all my USB devices to whichever port and have them work without issue. Thanks again for your help in discovering the issue and a successful workaround.
Nathan Shane

Postby Mikfenn1 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:20 am

Nathan

Glad you got it fixed and in someways I'm glad it wasn't just me...lol
I suppose I'm headed to get a powered hub tomorrow.

Mik
Mikfenn1

Return to Interfaces & Controllers