Is the TONEX pedal transferable?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Is the TONEX pedal transferable?

Postby bertsmith30 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:32 am

I see that the Tonex pedal requires me to register it with my IK account. Does this mean that it can only be used with my account and can never be used by anyone else, ie. aftermarket sales, or gifting to a friend?
bertsmith30

Re: Is the TONEX pedal transferable?

Postby Frankencat63 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:12 am

+1
Frankencat63

Postby lefterisT1 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:42 am

According to the website, the software is not transferable.
Ok I understand if Amplitube 5 is not transferable.
But Tonex Max? Why not? The pedal is the gig player.
How can I sell the pedal without its full software?? What value would it have? 20%?
I feel like I marry this unit.

For this particular unit, at least the Tonex Max version must be transferable.
lefterisT1

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:03 pm

Any questions about transfer can be answered in the End User License Agreement and other legal information at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal and in the IK FAQ. If you are still unclear, IK Support can give you answers in context of your particular situation/account/etc. Thank you.

From the EULA:
b) If the Product is part of a bundle of IK Multimedia software and hardware, only the hardware can be resold / transferred. Any bundled software Product is considered NFR.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bertsmith30 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:08 pm

EDIT: I'm going to look deep in this but, I seem to understand that if I were to sell the unit to another person, that person can then authorize it to THEIR IK Product manager with no issue?
bertsmith30

Postby chrish0 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:05 pm

Is there any answer to this?

From what I can gather, the software that the pedal requires and includes for capturing and loading (more than 20) tone models is not transferrable at all.

It isn't clear if the pedal itself can be transferred to another person.

It isn't clear if the free tonex CS software can transfer even the 20 free downloads to a pedal that has been transferred from another person.

Clarity on this would be helpful- I've read the FAQ and EULA.

It is an amazing cool product- it would just be good to know these things.
chrish0

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:07 pm

Currently after 90 days you can transfer your pedal via the IK transfer token/process. At this time the new user would use their version of TONEX CS and would have access to their own 20 Tone Model downloads.

But... I have relayed the discussions about this and if we have news soon I will let people know. I'd like to have that before the 90 day point (the pedal has been out since February 16 so that period has not passed for anybody at this time).

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Roch_b » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:24 pm

Pedal is transferable after 90 days but not the softwares, talked with someone from IK and it's the answer I got. Even if you buy a license transfer for softwares it won't work. Softwares who came as a bundle with hardware is not transferable. So this pedal looses most of it's value aftermarket.
Roch_b

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:27 pm

Again, suggestions have been put in front of the right people and we may have some news soon.

Also note, the software will work - TONEX CS or whatever version the buyer has. TONEX MAX currently doesn't transfer with it but is not required for the pedal to function and do what it does.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bebear38 » Mon May 29, 2023 9:56 am

My understanding is that if I sell a used Tonex pedal, it is not possible to transfer the TONEXMAX, amplitube 5 licenses.
Could IK Multimedia support describes precisely which licenses are transferable or not, and which functionality of the Tonex Pedal are lost when selling a used pedal ?
It is important to know these limitations before buying the product.
Thank you to carify this point.
Best regards.
bebear38

Postby Sharmon123@ » Mon May 29, 2023 9:03 pm

This is definitely a support question. This is just a user forum with no "official" answers given. I personally am holding off on buying the Tonex Max bundle specifically for this reason. I am happily using Axe IO and Amplitube 5 Max until they get the Tonex licensing more inline with everyone else.
Sharmon123@

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 30, 2023 5:17 pm

TONEX Pedal has no transfer fee, and the AmpliTube 5 and TONEX MAX software will also be transferable to the buyer.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby shawnfitz1222 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:01 pm

@Peter_IK and others,

Was hoping for a little guidance. I did the license transfer for the Tonex pedal just now, because I am selling the pedal. They emailed me the license transfer. Does this include the Tonex & AmpliTube 5 Software new user will require to use Tonex pedal or do I have to go and unregsister them as well? It's a little unclear. There LOOKS like there are three serial numbers in the email, but they are not identified as such and only mentions license transfer.

Thank you!
shawnfitz1222

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:02 pm

shawnfitz1222 wrote:@Peter_IK and others,

Was hoping for a little guidance. I did the license transfer for the Tonex pedal just now, because I am selling the pedal. They emailed me the license transfer. Does this include the Tonex & AmpliTube 5 Software new user will require to use Tonex pedal or do I have to go and unregsister them as well? It's a little unclear. There LOOKS like there are three serial numbers in the email, but they are not identified as such and only mentions license transfer.

Thank you!

The email should contain the serial numbers to transfer for the TONEX Pedal, AmpliTube 5, and TONEX MAX.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby shawnfitz1222 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:49 pm

Perfect, thank you @Peter_IK
shawnfitz1222

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling