Is it just me or is the new Parnters aspect a mess

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Is it just me or is the new Parnters aspect a mess

Postby Upright » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:31 pm

Seems that purchased tones are only available while you are connected to Tone.net. I can't save any tones I've purchased as presets? It's really confusing. I've purchased one of the Studio Rats packs but I think I'll stay away from more packs until they really clean up the way this whole thing works. Tonex really needs a more intuitive layout. It's so bad I have no idea where I'm at in presets, I don't understand why I'm being shown a Studio Rat's icon while I'm browsing presets. This is just a horrible experience.
Upright

Re: Is it just me or is the new Parnters aspect a mess

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:46 pm

You should be able to just buy them then access them in your TONEX software from that point on. That's the experience that was built and how it worked when tested and by those using it, so it seems like you are having a specific issue that IK Support would be happy to help you resolve via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davidaustin777 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:24 am

It is very confusing to navigate the Collection, go back, download, and find the purchases in your library. I think I finally figured it out but not totally sure. Maybe IK can make a tutorial video, or get one of their sponsored Youtubers to do it.
davidaustin777

Postby dnr » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:27 pm

Peter_IK wrote:You should be able to just buy them then access them in your TONEX software from that point on. That's the experience that was built and how it worked when tested and by those using it, so it seems like you are having a specific issue that IK Support would be happy to help you resolve via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

That is all very well Peter, but the problem is that they cannot be imported into Tonex and be used offline. The only way that it can be done is to import into the Tonex Pedal. However, the main issue there is that you cannot export into Tonex from the Pedal. Unless of course that I am doing it all wrong. My main beef is that there is no clear instruction as to what needs to be done.
dnr

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:31 pm

If you download the Tone Models you should be able to use them normally that's why I suggested working with support.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davidaustin777 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:02 pm

Once the checkout process is done, you can come back in the TONEX application and press Restore Purchases in the account panel in the settings window to enable your new Tone Models and download them on your device.

Any time you purchase a new TONEX version make sure to press the restore purchases button available in the settings window inside the account panel to get access to all the collections included.

I found this info in the manual. I think this is what I did to resolve my issue. Have you tried this?
davidaustin777

Postby dnr » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:23 am

Peter_IK wrote:If you download the Tone Models you should be able to use them normally that's why I suggested working with support.

Actually there is no way to download the Partner Tone packs other than by a very roundabout way. I am afraid that support has not got back to me. So if you open the librarian and open online one of the Tone Packs you own and select the first tone model, you can then drag all the tone models into the Tonex Pedal one by one. After this go back to the Tonex Play and then drag and drop the imported Tone Models into the presets.

Now I have to say that this is extremely inelegant and there should be a better way of doing this.
dnr

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:00 pm

I'm sure IK Support will get back to you and see what's going on because there shouldn't be workarounds required. If you have an issue with a ticket taking too long or otherwise, please check out viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 and someone can get it escalated for you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling