Tonex Hi gain issues

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex Hi gain issues

Postby gunnerdq74 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:21 am

I’ve been messing a lot with the DZL preset on the ToneX pedal. I absolutely love the sound but it has this weird thing at the end of the notes (like static of some sort) that cuts out shortly afterwards. Also the pedal isn’t picking up every noise from my guitar it seems like. Only loud obvious noises. I tried messing with the input trim a little bit but it didn’t really solve much of anything. Small noises like lightly moving my fingers across the strings (without playing any notes) sounds like my guitar has a bad pot or input jack. When I play loud it’s fine but it’s when I stop playing is when the problem becomes really annoying and almost make me hate the thing. I’m not the most tech savvy and a setting warrior when it comes to digital pedals due to me mainly being a classic amp and pedal guy. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. It would surely be a life saver and a great help. I play a Suhr Classic S and a PRS CE 24 and they both have the same results.
gunnerdq74

Re: Tonex Hi gain issues

Postby pllrqst » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:45 pm

This behavior you are noticing is due to the noise gate being enabled. You can adjust the threshold of the gate as well as the release time and depth in the parameters pages.

You could try turning it entirely off and see if you get too much noise - you will then hear every little sound you make along with whatever noise results from all that gain. Or if that is not acceptable, you can try some combination of lowering the noise gate threshold, reducing the depth, or increasing the release time to get a more natural feel.

Also, make sure your input trim is set to give an ok signal without any clipping, as low input gain and signal level could also contribute to having more noise in your signal and a more aggressive gate behavior at the same settings.
pllrqst

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling