Modulation pedals after ToneX pedal

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Modulation pedals after ToneX pedal

Postby 0realWilfred » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:34 am

Hi all,
Is anyone using a delay pedal after their ToneX?
I've tried several pedals after my ToneX (delay - both analog and digital; echo; reverb; tremolo, phaser) and they're all causing a bad drop in volume. Like between 20 and 90%. Mostly just by being in the chain, but two of them - only when turned on.
The same pedals work fine in front of the ToneX, but obviously produce a bit different effect.
Also, I'm using a TC Electronic Ditto at the end of the chain and that doesn't affect the volume at all.
Any advice?
Thanks in advance
0realWilfred

Re: Modulation pedals after ToneX pedal

Postby BLuzJW91 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:29 am

I'm using the Source Audio Collider (delay/reverb) after my Tonex with great results. Make sure you turn off the reverb on the Tonex. I'm getting the best results running from the headphone out of the Tonex into the stereo input of the Collider (1/4" TRS to two 1/" TS cable). For my taste the headphone out of the Tonex sounds better, but I've run the L/R out of the Tonex into the Collider with good results, too.
BLuzJW91

Re: Modulation pedals after ToneX pedal

Postby 0realWilfred » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:30 pm

Yes, I always turn off the reverb when using a separate reverb pedal.
Not really hearing any difference between the output or headphone in my case.
From what I'm seeing on the net, most people needing delay, etc., route the ToneX via the FX loop in their FX processors.
Thanks. I'll try Collider or similar. [mod redacted - unnecessary, please review the rules]
0realWilfred

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling