X-Time pedal bricked - never mind

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

X-Time pedal bricked - never mind

Postby ivaliotes44 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:04 am

Brand new X-Time, never touched. I plugged it in after installing the X-Gear Librarian. It was recognized and prompted me for an update. So I ran the update. It tells me there were errors running the update, and to perform a recovery - with no link to the recovery nor any sense of how to get those instructions.I had things to do, so I stepped away for a while. When I came back to the pedal, plugging it in achieves nothing. No lights go on, nothing. Totally bricked. I've put in a ticket so I can wait several days for a brand new pedal to work.

Sorry if I sound too salty. I just don't understand why the documentation on these devices is so spare - and I really don't like being told to execute a recovery process with no reference to where I can find that process.

EDIT: Corrected - I meant the TIME, not the VIBE (which appears to work).

I think I found the recovery process. I'm not confident that it is working, but we'll see how it goes.
ivaliotes44

Re: X-Time pedal bricked - never mind

Postby ivaliotes44 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:19 am

Resolved. Somehow, recovery finally showed up on the third computer I tried. It worked. Back up and running.
ivaliotes44

Postby Shawnariechers » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:02 am

Just bought the x-space and my update failed. Now every LED is lit on the pedal and my computer won't recognize it being connected by USB so I can't even get the "recovery" prompt to trigger in the librarian software. I'm furious. Have you heard back from ik? Is it even worth asking them for help?
Shawnariechers

Postby Sharmon123@ » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:13 am

"Is it even worth asking them for help?" Try being a little less passive aggressive.
"Have you heard back from IK yet ? " This is just a user forum not support.

That is all.
Sharmon123@

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling