Tonex pedal 'dialing-in' question

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex pedal 'dialing-in' question

Postby BatmansTonex » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:38 am

Gain Bass Mid Treble Volume are on the front of the pedal.

When I load a Tone Model, it will have a Character of something like Clean, Drive, or Hi-Gain.

If the Tonex pedal dials are at noon, does it behave as if the amp being profiled has its dials at noon? Or are these parameters more like an EQ in a mixing desk after the rig? Is the Gain dial behaving as a gain dial in the amp, or is it the software predicting what a version of that sound capture would sound like if it had the gain turned up?

Like if someone did a profile of their amp fully cranked then you can use Tonex to increase the bass mids treble gain and volume even more? Or would the Tonex at noon dial back from that cranked sound that was captured.

I am just trying to understand the relationship of those dials to the profiles.
BatmansTonex

Re: Tonex pedal 'dialing-in' question

Postby VinzBerlin789 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:42 am

I don't have an answer to the question, but another related question. Here my case and question:

When i select a model in the pedal, and i just want to add a little bit of gain, i just see where the cursor is on the pedal before i touch it, but i don't know how the gain level is. So, if i understand well, as soon as i move the button, i "destroy" the gain level, and start just somewhere with the gain level.
-> is there a way to see the gain level before i change it? Like it would be on a real amp?

Thx
VinzBerlin789

Re: Tonex pedal 'dialing-in' question

Postby BatmansTonex » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:45 pm

Also, can the Tonex pedal main display run as a text marquee? I am sure I saw it scroll that way before.
BatmansTonex

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling