Amplitube 5 Crashing

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 Crashing

Postby RESROCKS » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:49 pm

Hi
Just purchased Amplitube 5 (Came with Axe Solo i/o)
Whenever i adjust something on the amp or effect, or i want to save a preset, it crashes and disappears.

Also sometimes it takes 3 or 4 attempts to load as it gets about 1/2 way there and disappears!

Any help would be great

Thanks

Les
RESROCKS

Re: Amplitube 5 Crashing

Postby lesfuller » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:06 am

Yes, I am all of a sudden having the same issue. I thought it may have been Reaper (DAW) plugin problem, but same thing in stand-alone.
Ive gone back to previous version (from 5.5.3 to 5.5.2 on Win11 64 bit), same issue.
Works fine until I change any setting and try to save preset. Then just hangs until I kill it off.
I can't find any help.
lesfuller

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:05 pm

lesfuller wrote:I can't find any help.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tropx » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:42 am

I have the same problem with Amplitube 5 on win10 and win11. Once I save a project, I can't do any editing on the project in the control area (CC# and preset order etc.). Just pressing OK makes amp5 crash and disappear.
I purchased my amp5 from Sweetwater who tried to contact IK Support and received no response after 4 weeks. Sweetwater tried repeatedly then finally told me to try to contact them. After 4 days of no response, I finally gave up trying and Sweetwater was cool enough to return my money.
So contacting IK support is not a good answer.
tropx

Postby lesfuller » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:17 am

IK Multimedia support fixed my problem - it took a long time to find the solution, and I'm not even sure exactly why this fix worked for me, but its been a month or 2 now and an update, and still working fine.

The solution for me was to go to the "AmpliTube 5\Presets" Documents folder and cut the Presets folder out and paste on the desktop temporarily (C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 5\Presets). Then restart AmpliTube and see if that fixed it. If so, start adding back your presets, several at a time and test. Mine were all fine, so I am confused as to why, but very happy it worked!

Hope that helps in your case.
lesfuller

Postby tropx » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. I Cut the Preset folder and pasted it to the desktop like you suggested. I brought up AT5 then opened a saved project of mine called Show One. Everything worked as it is supposed to (As far as pressing control on the control page and not crashing). I closed AT5 and tried the same thing again and it went back to crashing and disappearing.
The only way AT5 works for me, is to bring it up and build all my presets and save them. Close everything out and bring up AT5 again and load all the presets in the order I want them and add my floor controller cc#s (Melo Midi Commander) then hit OK and save as a show or whatever. This is OK, I can live with that but the problem is that I can never edit a show without starting all over again.

AT5 only crashes if I bring up a saved show and try to edit it.
I was really hoping that your method would work for me but no luck.

I'm currently trying three other Amp Simms (demos) and they all work flawlessly but I would like to use AT5 if I can figure out the problem.
tropx

Postby lesfuller » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:01 am

I know your pain! When I couldn't solve my issue went back to BiasFX2, but always preferred A5. I kept coming back to A5 trying to fix it for seemed like 12 months. But IK Multimedia support kept helping and Jason W. threw that final fix at me, and it finally worked. I'm sorry you are having that frustration, it was terrible! Another fix he suggested which made sense was to make sure your preset folder isn't set to 'Read Only' in the folders properties.
lesfuller

Postby tropx » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:46 am

I thought yeah, read only, that makes sense. That could cause this problem. So I checked the folder (files) presets and a custom folder I called shows and they were both set to read only. I changed them but still no luck. Thanks for the suggestions. They are greatly appreciated.
tropx

Postby tropx » Mon May 01, 2023 5:44 am

For anyone who is interested or having similar problems, I have been communicating with IK Multimedia about this problem. Sent them videos, software and PC info etc. and they recently replied to me with the following.

"After review by our testing teams, we have determined this is related to some behaviors which are currently being designated as a bug which we are working to resolve in a future update."
tropx

Postby @Michaell84 » Mon May 08, 2023 9:04 am

i have at5 just one day and have the same issues.
If not solved.i will return the stuff.
@Michaell84

Postby Sharmon123@ » Mon May 08, 2023 1:36 pm

You may want to give a little more details besides "I have a computer and it doesn't work".
Sharmon123@

Postby @Michaell84 » Mon May 08, 2023 1:41 pm

Euhm. Read the msgs above. Programs shuts down for no reason when saving or changing presets. Yesterday 3 times and
today one time. Kinda annoying.
@Michaell84

Postby Sharmon123@ » Mon May 08, 2023 3:44 pm

Did you make sure that any folder where it saves is NOT read only ? That caused a similar issue numerous times with other users. This includes the preset folder and all it's sub folders
Sharmon123@

Postby rolandszpond » Fri May 19, 2023 5:34 pm

Thank you! Amplitube 5 kept crashing for me on the splash screen in both standalone and vst plugin inside of DAWs, running on Windows 11. Deleting the presets folder inside the Documents folder solved it. I don't use any of the stock presets, so I'm not sure which ones were causing it, but I'm glad I'm able to use the software again!
rolandszpond

Postby Sharmon123@ » Fri May 19, 2023 5:45 pm

The documents folder is read only by default so put the folder back in and REMOVE inheritance from the documents folder properties and take ownership then give "Everyone" access to it. Then set the new Presets folder to full access for System , your username and Administrators under the security tab. This will allow you to store presets and tweak them which I do all the time. Make sure you spell it right "Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 5\Presets"
Sharmon123@

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling