Loving the tones, but how do I eliminate latency?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Loving the tones, but how do I eliminate latency?

Postby bxlgotham00 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:49 pm

I currently have my Les Paul Junior going into my AxeFX3, which is setup with a direct input scene (straight Input/Output blocks with no other processing), which is outputting via AES optical digital into my Apollo X16, which is then Thunderbolt 3 into my M2 Mac.

So all in, very low latency chain there, and the latest/fastest M2 Mac you can get. When I load Tonex, I specify the input as AES/EBU Left channel, and the Left/Right Monitors as Virtual 1/2 respectively. In Luna I then create a track and set the input as Virtual 1/2 and turn on Record. I have no inserts/plugins loaded, and am using ARM (advanced realtime monitoring). This would normally give me no perceived latency when running the AxeFX.

However there is serious latency with this approach, as in half a second or more, so thus unusable. What am I doing wrong? How is everyone else getting no perceived latency with a similar setup, or am I doing this all wrong?

Thanks!
bxlgotham00

Re: Loving the tones, but how do I eliminate latency?

Postby drohde » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:14 pm

you have to set the latency to low in your Luna DAW
drohde

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling