Amplitube doesn't save projects

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube doesn't save projects

Postby Spearhead1 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:39 pm

The main reason I bought Amplitube 5 Max was its built in DAW and projects page, to be able to record things ideas on the fly. Now this function doesn't work at all since the projects can't be saved.

I put together a nice sounding amp and room, go to the projects page and record a verse I'm working on. Then I close Amplitube, hit save and choose folder and destination. Amplitube closes. I open the folder, there is my project file. I open it. I get a huge crash report with lots of code in it. It says "Amplitube closed unexpectedly", i hit "Open again", then it loads up the default starting layout and my tracks are not saved. In the projects folder i can however find the wave file that i recorded, but with no processing on it.

Seriously, what the heck!? My whole point for getting the program is now gone thanks to this bug. Does anyone know why this happens and how it can be solved? Please help!
Spearhead1

Re: Amplitube doesn't save projects

Postby darkogav » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:39 pm

Bump. I can confirm, I ran into this similar issue not long ago. I just started exporting all the tracks from the AT DAW as wave files and saving the presents. I gave up on the projects save option.
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:21 pm

I'm sure IK Support can help.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Spearhead1 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:39 pm

darkogav wrote:Bump. I can confirm, I ran into this similar issue not long ago. I just started exporting all the tracks from the AT DAW as wave files and saving the presents. I gave up on the projects save option.

Hey dude! I found a solution, maybe it can help you as well. Instead of trying to open the project file, just simply launch AT as usual and chose file > open, and then go this way around to find your project file and open it. This worked for me, and it saves the recorded tracks, the preset used to record and the processing to the track (not just DI signal).
Spearhead1

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling