Big trouble with recording in AT5 or other DAW

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Big trouble with recording in AT5 or other DAW

Postby Maigo66s » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:06 pm

Hi,

I have a serious problem with recording in AT5!
With every track I add to AT5 Recording, my sound gets worse :-(
There are more and more scratching noises.
I've tried all sorts of sample rates and buffer sizes with no success!
Normally all my other plugins (e.g. _) work very well with sample rate 44100 and buffer size 128, no latency and perfect sound, but AT5 doesn't work!

Also the VST plugin used in Ableton Live DAW does not work as expected! The UI is not clickable because the click position on the screen is different from the functions in the UI :-( Also very bad...

My computer runs with Win10 and has 32GB RAM, in the task manager you can see that the idle process is around 90%, so the computer is not overloaded either, I can't explain the poor performance of AT5 on my computer...

Thank you so much in advance!

Many Regards
Maigo66s

Re: Big trouble with recording in AT5 or other DAW

Postby Maigo66s » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:18 pm

Really nobody an idea what I can do....?!? :(
Maigo66s

Postby WRod » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:27 pm

The first thing i would do is try a different version of the app. Amplitube can be glitchy. Even if it seems to be working perfectly for your needs, i may go in and try to change some midi preference or something, and the next thing ya know some other problem comes up.

Ive been in the position twice now where the A5 max app quit functioning to the point i had to roll back a version or update one. Im hoping this fixs for you. If not, ill keep thinkin :)
Amplitube 5 Max/Windows 10
WRod

Postby Maigo66s » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:38 pm

I have the very latest one.
Maigo66s

Postby WRod » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:51 pm

Then go backwards one. You dont want the latest one. It obviously doesnt work for you. Assuming you got everything else right. You can always go back to the latest one if it doesnt fix.
Amplitube 5 Max/Windows 10
WRod

Postby Boogieshoes » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:43 pm

With the amount of memory etc that you have then unless the CPU is minimal (IK said dual core) then it sound like you have other applications or services running and interfering with operation.

I have dual core and less memory and an old pre-Tonex version of AT5 and it works but it does demand a lot of CPU and system to run. I regularly get crashes with AT5 to the point I have to reboot the PC but as I said that is with the spec minimum CPU.

You could try running this latency monitoring software https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon to check your pc out as it can identify some things that may not immediately come to mind in your frustration at the pc.

Hope that helps.
Boogieshoes

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling