I'm starting to really get the hang of tonex pedal

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

I'm starting to really get the hang of tonex pedal

Postby jhall123 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:01 am

I've "broken the code" of getting excellent captures into my Tonex pedal and
am FLOORED by how good this thing is. I actually just sold my Marshall JVM205h after making a bunch of profiles with it. I have a huge pile of amps and the 205 wasn't getting much attention
so I sold it to a dude that really wanted one.
Give this pedal some time to figure out. It is TOTALY worth the time and learning effort.
I'll keep my '78 2203 and my SV-20 my 1959 SLP one of my '66 bassman heads my Hot Rod DeVille.
and a few others but now I don't think I'll have to walk around sideways in my studio!!
jhall123

Re: I'm starting to really get the hang of tonex pedal

Postby Upright » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:15 am

I completely agree! I can easily sit for hours, playing and getting inspired by different amps. I particularly love the Tone Junkie captures. I'm really hoping IK do series' of more amps. I'd love to see a bunch of brand sanctioned boutique models...like the stuff they did with the Max version but more brands and amps. I also love the pedal but If I'm honest I'd love a version of the pedal that has a large screen that displays more info and also fully stereo that allows for stereo amps....don't get me wrong, the pedal is amazing but I do see a some room for improvement...and if/when they make those improvements I'll be here with my wallet open.

PS- what did you mean by " but now I don't think I'll have to walk around sideways in my studio" ....I could assume you mean a few things but I don't want to assume.
Upright

Postby jhall123 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:12 am

^^^

HA HA meaning I can unload a bunch of me less used amps after making a bunch of profiles:
Vox AC-30, Two '66 Blackface Fender Bassman heads, 1969 Silverface Bassman head, 1972 Dual Showman Reverb, Bugera 1960 infinium, Marshall DSL 40C, '90s era Marshall JCM-600 2x12, Fender Hot Rod DeVille, USA built Crate Club 50 15" combo (I may not part with that one as it has amazing cleans with serious punch). Among others. This would free up a considerable amount of space for me. I will keep My Marshall SV-20 and my '78 Marshall 2203. My mid-1990's Blues Pearl BG-40 Of course one of the '66 Bassmans and a handful of my hand built tube amps.
jhall123

Postby Upright » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:01 am

^^^

Wow! Ok now I understand. That's a lot of gear! I have 4 combo amps that I'll capture at some point.
Upright

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling