FRFR cabinet

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

FRFR cabinet

Postby vac713 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:33 am

I'm considering a powered FRFR cabinet to play my TONEX Pedal through because I don't want a traditional guitar amp cabinet to color the sound of the capture. Many of the captures already have the amp/cabinet combination and putting that through a cabinet seems counter productive or back ass wards as I like to say

I have watched countless Youtube videos comparing the likes of Mission Electronics, Headrush, Laney, Friedman, Kemper and Line 6 among others FRFR powered Cabinets but......

They all sound different. The Headrush for example has way too much bass compared to the others. The Line 6 sounds thin compared to others. This makes no sense to me because they are supposed to be

Full Range, Flat Response which would/should imply that they all should sound alike but they do not. Each of them clearly colors the sound differently. No two remotely sound alike

From what I've heard on Youtube videos, the Mission engineering cab sounds the best but I'd like to hear from fellow forumites who have made the jump to FRFR cabinets about their personal experiences so that I can make the right decision. I'm aware of the BIG swing in prices from say the Headrush to the Mission Engineering so don't try to persuade me based on price. I'm looking for the best FULL RANGE FLAT RESPONSE.

Personally, I'd love to see IK come up with one of their own. I love what they have done with the micro MTM, MTM Loud and now the MTM Precisions and if they develop a FRFR cabinet that's as good as their studio monitors, I'm all in and would be the first to buy one. Hint hint!

Would also be the perfect companion to the TONEX Pedal
vac713

Re: FRFR cabinet

Postby vac713 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:55 am

It would, in my opinion COMPLETE the TONEX "Eco System"
vac713

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:31 am

Thank you for the suggestion. I had already mentioned this and I know the suggestion has been run up to the powers that be but I'll add your request and any others I see so they know you are interested.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vac713 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:37 pm

Think I came to a conclusion. I'm going with the XiTone after viewing countless reviews. From what I've gathered it seems to be the best option. One major requirement I had was the cab had to have a coaxial speaker so I could mic it if I choose to.

The XiTone checks all the boxes for me and it's pretty reasonably priced.

Anybody here have any experience with the XiTone?

I'm going with the amp cabinet, not the wedge
vac713

Postby bertsmith30 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:32 am

I have the Mission Engineering Gemini 2 and it has essentially sent all my tube amps into storage. It's expensive yes but so satisfying. I bought a Headrush at first and if you ever want to know what plastic sounds like, that one nails it.

For anyone looking to get the Gemini 2, make sure you take a few minutes to work the speaker cones and move some air to get them to respond smoothly and without phasing. Yes this involves cranking it (within reason).
bertsmith30

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling