After a good go round with the Tonex Pedal

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

After a good go round with the Tonex Pedal

Postby jhall123 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:10 pm

I can say though it is good it is NOT up to the tone of the software version of Tonex.
I have tried nine ways to Sunday to exactly match the tone from a software preset to the pedal.
I tried adjusting the input trim, treble compression and on and on and on and I can't get it there.
Sounds great don't get me wrong but not exact by any means.
jhall123

Re: After a good go round with the Tonex Pedal

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:05 pm

It should be almost the same, unless you have fairly major differences in the signal chain.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:33 pm

Jason Sadites made a video that could help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxcGwidTb6s

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jhall123 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:16 am

I decided to run the pedal into the same interface I use for the software version.
(a TASCAM 16-08) instead of using the outs from the Tonex directly into the mixer.
This brought the result to nearly indistinguishable between the two. Probably down to a few slight tweaks to EQ . It does work quite well.
jhall123

Postby Upright » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:39 am

jhall123 wrote:I decided to run the pedal into the same interface I use for the software version.
(a TASCAM 16-08) instead of using the outs from the Tonex directly into the mixer.
This brought the result to nearly indistinguishable between the two. Probably down to a few slight tweaks to EQ . It does work quite well.

Glad you figured it out. I'm running to a mixer and my pedal and software sound identical. Input trim for me is set to -3db. Just had to adjust the gain stages on the mixer (channel and mixer output) to make sure the signal going into my audio interface was at a respectable level at that point I adjusted the trim input to where the pedal and software were identical. Probably another important thing to mention is that I'm running my guitar into Tonex pedal, to the mixer, into my audio interface. I set up two tracks in my DAW, one for Tonex software and the other for the pedal. I bypass the amp preset on the pedal when I'm on the track with the Tonex software and engage the amp preset on the Tonex pedal when I'm on the dry audio track....then switch between tracks making adjustments until they are exact.
Upright

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling