Wet/Dry Setups Mega Frustrating to sort out.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Wet/Dry Setups Mega Frustrating to sort out.

Postby Boogieshoes » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:59 pm

AT 5 is said to allow a single input to split to 2 or 3 amp chains with effects etc.

So sure you can do such splitting on the mimic setup but trying to monitor the audio in a way that allows tweaking of the wet effects (reverb, delay and modulation) on one am is really difficult to do. Seems the main Mixer that lets you 'supposedly' mute or solo each cab simply doesn't cut the mustard. It will let you monitor one but not the other. Nothing seems to get a sound anywhere near a true wet/dry amp setup so far, the sound simply doesn't bloom like real amps to my mind. Normally I can hear it so easy in a room with 2 amps but even with quality studio cans I just can't get it.

Any suggestions from other wet/dry users appreciated.
Thanks
Boogieshoes

Re: Wet/Dry Setups Mega Frustrating to sort out.

Postby Boogieshoes » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:18 pm

Well, 54 views and no suggestions or ideas.

Has anybody out there setup a wet/dry arrangement with Drive feeding 2 amps with delay and reverb only on 1 of the 2 amps. Basically you get a CAB for each amp with mics that yo can adjust in the Mixer. However, try and mute the mics on one of the CABs so you can hear say the wet or dry CAB and on one CAB you will head something, swap CABs and try the same and everything is Muted…. So to me there is something way wrong in the mixer and how it works.
Boogieshoes

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling