Will buying the Mesa Boogie 2 work with Amplitube 5?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Will buying the Mesa Boogie 2 work with Amplitube 5?

Postby Aanstadt22@ » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:03 pm

Hi there. New to this and curious how it works. I recently purchased Amplitube 5. If I purchase the Mesa Boogie 2 will it work cohesively with Amplitube 5? Will all the Mesa Boogie amps be added to my Amplitube 5 to work with my current cabinets and stomps? Or will it only work as it’s own independent plug in? Thanks
Aanstadt22@

Re: Will buying the Mesa Boogie 2 work with Amplitube 5?

Postby squeezenor » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:17 pm

Everything else you buy from here on out will work natively in amplitube. All the extra bundles are add ons that only work within amplitube. There aren't any separate modules or plug ins, aside from tonex.

All the Mesa components will populate the various tabs, and you can find them all together under the collection tab. So when you buy Mesa (or orange, Leslie, Brian may, dime, etc) you're just adding more stuff to your list.

To the right of the search gear field on the upper right, there's a little button you can click a few times that'll cycle through showing you everything you own and writing you've yet to buy. You can use that to hide the stuff to don't own to make things easier to find.
squeezenor

Postby Aanstadt22@ » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:11 am

Awesome. This is what I was hoping for. Thanks so much. Also a huge thanks for the button advice that toggles between things I have and thing I don’t. That makes it SO much easier.

I’m confused a little on Tonex. What is the difference between Tonex and Amplitube 5?
Aanstadt22@

Postby squeezenor » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:48 am

Haven't tried tonex so I can't speak from experience but from what I gather:

Amplitube (modeling): you select and arrange and tweak the components as you like
Tonex (profiling): everything is preselected and tweaked for you

So amplitube gives you greater flexibility but it's more work and more difficult to use, while tonex is much easier but you have less flexibility to tweak each profile. There are likely more key differences, but that's the gist. Neither is better or worse, it's just what suits you.

With the new hardware option, tonex seems to be the way to go for live work, and there's lots of stuff on tonex you can't get on amplitube because people are uploading all kinds of stuff, from the oddball to the everyday. On the other hand, amplitube lets you do exactly what you want from scratch instead of essentially cycling through other people's presets with limited tweak ability.
squeezenor

Postby Aanstadt22@ » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:05 pm

Oh that makes sense. Appreciate you spelling that out for me. Cheers.
Aanstadt22@

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling