Direct guitar signal louder than the amp output

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Direct guitar signal louder than the amp output

Postby MichalPallo1 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:02 pm

Hey everyone!

I am new to using Amplitube 5 and have been encountering one specific issue with certain amps when using gain & distortion that bothers me. When playing a bit more aggressively, I can hear in the background the direct clean signal / sound of the guitar louder than the effect sound that the amp produces. I have tried to play around with different input / output levels but that did not fix the issue.
I am sure there´s an easy fix to this that I overlooked or am not aware of. Maybe someone could help me out with this?

Thanks!
MichalPallo1

Re: Direct guitar signal louder than the amp output

Postby darkogav » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:55 pm

Not sure I understand. But make sure you dont enable the DI button within Amplitube. That would basically add the DI single into the mix. The little blue button and line as per below. make sure its turned off.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... 04_VIR.jpg
darkogav

Postby Boogieshoes » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:50 pm

It sounds to me as if the audio interface you are using is allowing the Direct raw guitar input through to its audio outputs (your monitors whatever you are using) so you need to look at the audio interface mixer settings.
Boogieshoes

Postby MichalPallo1 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:47 am

Thanks for your suggestions. I am using AXE I/O Solo at the moment and output goes into Headphones. It´ strange cause with some presets this issue does not occur, whereas with others it does.
MichalPallo1

Postby Boogieshoes » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:51 pm

No problem. I am sorry to say that I do not know much about the Axe I/O interface. That said most such devices have a mixer that is controlled either in software on the PC and/or from the front panel. On my device (Roland Octa-capture) when the direct mix is tuned up it mixes the direct guitar signal seen at the input with the audio from AT5. Normally you can tell as there is a very slight timing difference between the two signals when you hear it. That timing difference is the 'Latency' created by the software needing to process the raw signal to add all the effects.

Normally if you record the guitar the direct mix is turned off and you generally should not notice that latency effect. Compared to a real guitar amp if you have played one a lot, it is noticable the difference in feel between picking and hearing. It changes the feel you have when playing but you can get used to it.

IF it is not the Direct Signal getting mixed back with the Amplitube processed sound then as darkogav suggested, it could also be that you are doing something similar within the 'patch' or 'tone' that you are creating or using in AT5. As darkogav said, it could be that the patch/preset/or tone you are using has DI (Direct Inject) signal passing through as well and that is managed in the AT5 MIXER stage, that maybe the reason you notice it on some presets and not others.
I hope that helps.
Boogieshoes

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:29 pm

Please make sure the Monitor knob on the front of AXE I/O Solo is turned completely to the "DAW" side.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling