Difference between AmpliTube and ToneX? Beginner questions.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Difference between AmpliTube and ToneX? Beginner questions.

Postby Jarhead99 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:36 pm

I have tried to sort this out, but I'm still confused. I'm an absolute beginner at this.
I won't do any recording, creating Tone Models or anything complicated. I would like to just download and play.
What's the basic difference in AmpliTube and ToneX? Are they used together?
Do they both have the new "AI Modeling technology"? Are ALL the plugins now the new AI Modeling Tech?
Besides a computer, what hardware is required? An Audio Interface? A DAW? A Midi controller?
Thanks for your help!
Jarhead99

Re: Difference between AmpliTube and ToneX? Beginner questi

Postby clive8 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:43 pm

Amplitube was originally designed in analogue mode but you can use tonex amps inside . If you just want to play , you will need a suffix interface and some monitor loud speakers . That is it ! Plug guitar into interface . Firebug the software and off you go ! I use the tonex as I only need the amp snd cab and I have captures with pedals ! If you want to play with delays etc use Amplitube ..
clive8

Postby Jarhead99 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:21 pm

clive8 wrote:Amplitube was originally designed in analogue mode but you can use tonex amps inside . If you just want to play , you will need a suffix interface and some monitor loud speakers . That is it ! Plug guitar into interface . Firebug the software and off you go ! I use the tonex as I only need the amp snd cab and I have captures with pedals ! If you want to play with delays etc use Amplitube ..

Thanks Clive! Now I'm wondering about the ToneX Pedal - Amplitube5 AND ToneX come with it. Would you still need an interface, or could you play ToneX and AmpliTube5 straight through the pedal? The Pedal only has 4 effects available, but could you still play Amp5 and ToneX through it and get more effects that way? It's pretty confusing to me.
Jarhead99

Postby clive8 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:29 pm

I will tell you on Monday when I get the pedal !
clive8

Postby Jarhead99 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:54 am

clive8 wrote:I will tell you on Monday when I get the pedal !

Cool man! Congratulations! I'm learning more and more, but still am a bit confused. I think there isn't any way to have Time Based FX inside the pedal, it's meant to be used on a pedalboard with FX. One thing is for certain... the tones coming out of that little box are STUNNING! Thanks for staying in touch.
Jarhead99

Postby darkogav » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:52 pm

Amplitube is emulated amps, cabs and effects. ToneX are captures of amps. The things you can do in Amplitube you cant do in Tones X. mix and match amps, mics, effects, rooms and so on. But you can use ToneX captured profiles within Amplitibe and then use the features of Amplitube. Hope that helps.
darkogav

Postby Jarhead99 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:54 pm

darkogav wrote:Amplitube is emulated amps, cabs and effects. ToneX are captures of amps. The things you can do in Amplitube you cant do in Tones X. mix and match amps, mics, effects, rooms and so on. But you can use ToneX captured profiles within Amplitibe and then use the features of Amplitube. Hope that helps.

Thank you darkogav! Yes, that helps a lot! Getting these questions answered helps me know what to buy. I appreciate the guidance!
Jarhead99

Postby andrema2 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:00 pm

So, if I just want to play do I need to use amplitube or should I use Tonex directly ?

I have a MIDI pedal that controls my presets for instance in Amplitube. Does Tonex have it too ?
andrema2

Postby bessler » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:38 pm

hi. I've the same doubt. I'd like to import free amps from tonex to amplitube cs for ipad. But, aint still get. Is it possible? thanks
bessler

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling