ToneX Pedal with ToneX and AmpliTube5/

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ToneX Pedal with ToneX and AmpliTube5/

Postby Jarhead99 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:29 pm

I'm wondering about the ToneX Pedal - Amplitube5 AND ToneX come with it. Would you still need an interface, or could you play ToneX and AmpliTube5 straight through the pedal? The Pedal only has 4 effects available, but could you still play Amp5 and ToneX through it and get more effects that way? Will it play Tone Models that have more effects? It's pretty confusing to me. Thanks.
Jarhead99

Re: ToneX Pedal with ToneX and AmpliTube5/

Postby Upright » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:59 am

Yes you'll be able to monitor (listen to) everything coming from and going to your computer through the pedal when you use it as an audio interface. This includes Amplitube 5. If you are using the pedal away from your computer you will only have access to the tone models that are on your Tonex Pedal...so you cannot use the pedal to interact with Amplitube 5 when it is not connected to your computer. When the pedal is connected to your computer as an audio interface you'll be able to use the Tonex software running in Amplitube 5 which will allow you to use the tone models in Tonex and also add all of the effects available in Amplitube. Hope this answers your question.
Upright

Postby Jarhead99 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:47 pm

^^^
Thank you Upright! That helps a lot. If you have time, one more question - If I downloaded for example a Van Halen guitar Tone Model from ToneNET (with Delay and and Flanger), could it be stored and played on the Tonex Pedal? Thank you very much!
Jarhead99

Postby Upright » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:46 pm

Jarhead99 wrote:^^^
Thank you Upright! That helps a lot. If you have time, one more question - If I downloaded for example a Van Halen guitar Tone Model from ToneNET (with Delay and and Flanger), could it be stored and played on the Tonex Pedal? Thank you very much!

Tone.net has Amps for Tonex as well as presets for Amplitube so I'm not sure which you are referring to when you say a "Van Halen guitar tone model". The Tonex side of Tone.net doesn't have any models with Delay or Flanger. The Tonex pedal doesn't do any Delay or Flanger...Amplitube does. But like I mentioned you wouldn't be able to use Amplitube with the Tonex amp models away from your computer. If you wanted to use delay or flanger with the pedal away from your computer you'd have to use a pyshical delay and flanger pedal. So just to clarify, Tone.net has two parts to it...One for downloading Amplitube presets only (which include effects like delay and flanger) and the other part of the site is for downloading Tonex models (which are only amp models). If you want to use the effects in Amplitube with Tonex you need to run the Tonex software or pedal Tonex pedal into your computer as an audio interface.
Upright

Postby Jarhead99 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:19 am

Upright wrote:
Jarhead99 wrote:^^^

Tone.net has Amps for Tonex as well as presets for Amplitube so I'm not sure which you are referring to when you say a "Van Halen guitar tone model". The Tonex side of Tone.net doesn't have any models with Delay or Flanger. The Tonex pedal doesn't do any Delay or Flanger...Amplitube does. But like I mentioned you wouldn't be able to use Amplitube with the Tonex amp models away from your computer. If you wanted to use delay or flanger with the pedal away from your computer you'd have to use a pyshical delay and flanger pedal. So just to clarify, Tone.net has two parts to it...One for downloading Amplitube presets only (which include effects like delay and flanger) and the other part of the site is for downloading Tonex models (which are only amp models). If you want to use the effects in Amplitube with Tonex you need to run the Tonex software or pedal Tonex pedal into your computer as an audio interface.

Thanks again, Upright. I get it now. I was confused because of not grasping some of the terms and what ToneX and AmpliTube were. I've got it now. Much appreciated!
Jarhead99

Postby Upright » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:31 am

Jarhead99 wrote:
Thanks again, Upright. I get it now. I was confused because of not grasping some of the terms and what ToneX and AmpliTube were. I've got it now. Much appreciated!

No problem at all bro!
Upright

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling