Do I need a load box for Tone X?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Do I need a load box for Tone X?

Postby dylanmakesnoise93 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:43 pm

Hey all,
Quite new to this and looking for some information as I'm heavily considering purchasing a Tone X Capture.

So what I'm looking to identify is: Do I need a loadbox (such as a two notes torpedo) in tandem with the Tone X Capture to record without micing up my cab?

Within my currently setup, I have an Evo 4 interface, my head that I'm looking to capture & my cab. From recent videos I've watched, I'm under the impression that a loadbox is not required, as I would be sending the load from the Tone X Capture to the cab utilizing the cab out. Is this correct, and all that I would be missing here would be the Tone X Capture top be able to model my amp w/o micing?

Additionally, if so -- would I be able to use the attenuation on the Tone X Capture while modelling/dialing in while capturing so that I'm operating at room levels?

Thanks in advance for all the help,

Cheers!
dylanmakesnoise93

Re: Do I need a load box for Tone X?

Postby Smaxo303 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:36 pm

From the manual:
"The second signal path aims to capture an attenuated signal from the amplifier’s power out and record it via
an audio interface while sending an unattenuated signal to a cabinet and keeping the impedance relationship
between the amp and its cab intact."
Smaxo303

Postby dylanmakesnoise93 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:54 pm

Definitely overlooked that! Thanks for the reply!
dylanmakesnoise93

Postby Smaxo303 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:21 am

No problems! I'm searching form my self for a good solution. I guess I build a reactive load for my tube amp.
Smaxo303

Postby clive8 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:44 pm

Of course you can .. I use an Ox Box and take the output from thatwith the Speaker IR added and set it up as if I was using that as a Mic.. The Load box goes straight into my input of the Interface. The Guitar into the other channel and the Interface OP to the Tonex box and then to the amp . The Box only acts to get teh impedence and power correct . I tune it by ear to make sure the amp is distorting the same as it would with the guitar straight in ..Seems to work except I cannot check the results afterwards as it doesn't allow me to !!
clive8

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling