Tonex Pedal

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Tonex Pedal

Postby Gfifield24 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:11 pm

Is anyone aware if the ToneX Pedal outputs are balanced or unbalanced? I assume unbalanced and this will need to run into some sort of DI box for direct, live use?
Second question, does anyone know if this pedal will be able to capture an amp (ie. won’t need to own the ToneX Capture to do this)?
Gfifield24

Postby jhall123 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:18 pm

I'm pretty sure you do captures with a computer. Those captures are (number crunched) mainly by your GPU. A brilliant solution to a cost issue for most people. The TONEX pedal comes with TONEX MAXX so you have the full program on your computer. If you have a decent interface and a load box with a line out you can do captures with no outlay. The ability to put your own captures in a pedal you can go into a PA or power amp brings "the poor man's Kemper" to reality as far as amp tone goes. And it does a smashing job of it.

Now, I know it's not perfect. I'd pay a little more if it had a modulation module in the pedal after the amp profile section. I don't think it would be very hard for IK to implement a very good quality one in the pedal. Their reverb is excellent (especially the plate). The ability to use a chorus or flanger on this pedal would swallow up the remaining market for profilers or force the other major names to compete pricewise.
jhall123

Postby sovdjur1 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:46 am

outloaf wrote:Having an fx loop would be pointless as you'd be inserting fx loop effects after the amp processing anyway.

I don't agree. How do I place a delay, a stuttering effect (or any other time based fx) AFTER the amp section but BEFORE the reverb and speaker?

Even more so if the requested feature to split signal to AMP-FOH is implemented as the signal need to be split before speaker. In that case you definitely need to place the delays etc AFTER the amp but BEFORE the split (where ever it occurs)

Visiting this forum helped me realise it's not time (for me) to press that buy-button just yet. I really dig ToneX, but the more I think about it the more it seems to have been created to fit an already existing hardware box (same as IK's other effect pedals). Perhaps there will be a "mkII" down the line where loop/split/stereo is implemented, by then I'll be good to go :)
sovdjur1

Postby synaesthesia » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:22 pm

Sorry have some silly questions, just not clear to me.

I have Amplitube 5. I cannot use those models in Tobex pedal can I?

So I want to buy the ToneX pedal. Do I need to buy ToneX capture if I wan to make my own IRs. Or can I do it all with just the ToneX pedal?
I really don’t want to go down a rabbit hole is expense in buying the pedal and finding out I need other stuff to use it.

I want to use it to capture my own amps, cabs. And ideally use sone of the Amplitube models….
synaesthesia

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling