Tonex Pedal

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Tonex Pedal

Postby IKmarco » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:03 am

I think people who bought Tonex Max are going to be well fed up that the Pedal includes it, meaning they’ve bought it twice. Will there be any discount or upgrade path?
IKmarco

Re: Tonex Pedal

Postby johnnyj71 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:11 am

They are offering a $100 discount in my cart. I do have ToneX Max already. Another thing is that this should have an FX Loop. I am surprised it doesnt.
johnnyj71

Postby lefterisT1 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:59 am

Missing FX loop keeps me off to press the buy button :( Maybe thousands of potential customers are disappointed.
I think FX loop would get the pedal to dominate pedalboards instantly. Now not! It was just a small extra cost for r&d and production.

Another missing killer feature is that one audio out should optionally bypass the cab sim, in order to go to a power amp / return for live cab monitoring. Maybe this will come in a firmware update(!!!!! pls)
lefterisT1

Postby IKmarco » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:25 pm

johnnyj71 wrote:They are offering a $100 discount in my cart. I do have ToneX Max already. Another thing is that this should have an FX Loop. I am surprised it doesnt.

Thanks for the heads up
IKmarco

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:57 pm

Since TONEX Pedal is not a multifx it does not have an effects loop - it would be placed on a pedalboard with the appropriate types of other pedals placed before (boost, drive, etc) or after (time-based, modulation etc) after.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby darkogav » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:22 pm

Can I confirm, the USB connector is only used to access the TX librarian to manage presets and to use it as audio interface. It is *not* powered via the USB interface, correct? So you will still need to keep it plugged into a power supply wall adapter all the time in order to the the interface.
darkogav

Postby johnnyj71 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:19 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Since TONEX Pedal is not a multifx it does not have an effects loop - it would be placed on a pedalboard with the appropriate types of other pedals placed before (boost, drive, etc) or after (time-based, modulation etc) after.

I am not sure that makes sense. If it's supposed to replace an amp why not have an effects loop. If it's not a multi-fx then shouldn't it have an effects loop? If it's a multi-effects unit I would give it a pass. Maybe I am wrong?
johnnyj71

Postby darkogav » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:29 pm

johnnyj71 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Since TONEX Pedal is not a multifx it does not have an effects loop - it would be placed on a pedalboard with the appropriate types of other pedals placed before (boost, drive, etc) or after (time-based, modulation etc) after.

I am not sure that makes sense. If it's supposed to replace an amp why not have an effects loop. If it's not a multi-fx then shouldn't it have an effects loop? If it's a multi-effects unit I would give it a pass. Maybe I am wrong?

But I don't think it's an effect's unit. It seems like a profiler unit to me. As per manual.

A STOMP can’t be a time-based or phase-based pedal such as: compressor, reverb, delay, chorus, phaser,
flanger, etc...

Also some vintage fuzzes and overdrives that have parallel paths inside can’t be modeled.
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:39 pm

It is not a typical multifx unit. You would put certain pedals before the amp, certain pedals after. It is meant to sit nicely in a pedalboard.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby guitar1969 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:38 am

If no FX loop, then why even include Reverbs in the unit, as time based effects would need to go before them.
guitar1969

Postby jhall123 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:33 am

Peter_IK wrote:It is not a typical multifx unit. You would put certain pedals before the amp, certain pedals after. It is meant to sit nicely in a pedalboard.

This. It is exactly as I want it to be. For me the plate reverb is perfect and the compressor is
tops. If I want modulations or stomps I'll use it either with an amp plus stomp capture
or put an actual stomp in front of it. This tonex stomp is the best idea ever.
jhall123

Postby bertsmith30 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:12 am

Pedals that would normally go in an FX loop sound better after a cab sim anyway so the need for an FX loop carries no weight.

Edit: Serious question, what is the point of the stereo out. What part of the Tonex stomp utilizes it. I would really like to be able to load custom left and right IRs but I don’t see anything in the documentation showing that it is possible (please tell me it’s possible!).
bertsmith30

Postby jhall123 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:36 pm

bertsmith30 wrote:Pedals that would normally go in an FX loop sound better after a cab sim anyway so the need for an FX loop carries no weight.

Edit: Serious question, what is the point of the stereo out. What part of the Tonex stomp utilizes it. I would really like to be able to load custom left and right IRs but I don’t see anything in the documentation showing that it is possible (please tell me it’s possible!).

Best Leslie sim there is (Better than a real Leslie IMHO) is a 1980's era Arion SC-1 Stereo chorus
plugged into two power amps from the stereo outs. There's a lot of efx pedals that have two ins and two outs.
jhall123

Postby bertsmith30 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:02 pm

jhall123 wrote:
bertsmith30 wrote:Pedals that would normally go in an FX loop sound better after a cab sim anyway so the need for an FX loop carries no weight.

Best Leslie sim there is (Better than a real Leslie IMHO) is a 1980's era Arion SC-1 Stereo chorus
plugged into two power amps from the stereo outs. There's a lot of efx pedals that have two ins and two outs.

But if the stereo out on the Tonex pedal is just the same mono signal, that’s just a Y splitter and not indicative of any true stereo functions.. I want to know if something actually utilizes the stereo out on the pedal itself.
bertsmith30

Postby outloaf » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:16 pm

Having an fx loop would be pointless as you'd be inserting fx loop effects after the amp processing anyway.
outloaf

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling