Rookie Needs Help

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Rookie Needs Help

Postby Aanstadt22@ » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:12 am

Hi there. VERY new to guitar plug ins and even newer to joining the Amplitube 5 family. I downloaded everything tonight, but I was also told to download both Sample Tank 4 CS and Syntronik 2 CS. I am not sure what exactly those are, can someone help me understand? I was also reading that they should be saved onto an external hard drive. Can you teach me how I would go about locating them and then transferring them to a hard drive? I got them successfully installed according to me IK Multimedia Product manager. But I don't know where they are or how to get them to an external hard drive.

I also read that if you don't save them to an external hard drive you will lose them in 180 days? Does that include AmpliTube 5? Im sorry for the ignorant questions and really appreciate your help and patience.
Aanstadt22@

Re: Rookie Needs Help

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:48 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Don't worry, we were all very new once upon a time.

A1: Sample Tank 4 CS and Syntronik 2 CS are among the free products given to every IK user with a User Account. They are software "instruments" - they load up various audio samples and which can be played using MIDI from a keyboard or from other software (or even from a MIDI guitar). You probably to do need them at the moment.

A2: Installation location: If you followed ll the default, then you probably installed the two programs and their plug-ins (software modules that can be loaded and run within other software) and their respective sounds libraries. Try searching all your disks for "SampleTank" or "Syntronik".

A3: Moving things. Few users move the software but many put the sounds libraries onto a non-system disk (or move them there after installation). This declutters the system disk, frees up space there and can significantly reduce disk back-up times and disk space needed. IF you are not using these 2 programs for the moment, then all you need to do is find the libraries, using Explorer / Finder, then move the complete library to another disk.

A4: The 180 days does not apply to AmpliTube (or to any other software downloads) - they are available for ever. There is no need to move AmpliTube at all. The 180 days time period applies only to the big sounds libraries; after that time elapses those libraries are no longer available for download. But you can purchase a single Downloads Reactivation to get a further 180 days download availability for all the sounds libraries.

Hope that helps.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Aanstadt22@ » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:32 pm

I could hug you. Thanks so much. I’m not sure I even need those two products. Maybe I’ll just delete them to free up any space that they might be taking up. Truly appreciate your response.
Aanstadt22@

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:49 pm

If you decide to remove them, use Unauthorize in the IK Product Manager first then uninstall the software to keep things tidy, rather than just delete them. You can then delete the ST4 and Syntronik sounds libraries (or, better, move them to an archive disk, just in case).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby devin9393 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:03 am

Hi there,

I just got Amplitube 5 and the Fender 1 collection. I have already added the Fender but not the main collection. When I open up AmpliTube and look for some setting to point to an external drive I don't find anything. I found the IK Multimedia folder in my documents (Windows 10), but I don't see anything I can move to an external drive.

Any help is appreciated
Best,
Devin
devin9393

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling