DI guitar signal bleeding into Tonex signal

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

DI guitar signal bleeding into Tonex signal

Postby agray88 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:00 pm

Hi all. New Tonex user here. I’m running Tonex Max on my latest gen iMac with UA Apollo Twin X as a standalone outside of Logic (so far). My problem is that the sound is not great and it seems like the DI signal is blending into the Tonex amp signal when I listen with my headphones through the Apollo. So I can hear the dry signal on top of whatever amp sound I choose and it seems like there’s a few ms delay going on giving me a slap back echo almost. I’m sure it’s a simple config I have messed up in my preferences. Anyone have an idea what’s going on? Thanks.
Adam
agray88

Re: DI guitar signal bleeding into Tonex signal

Postby agray88 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:44 pm

BTW there is a similar thread on The Gear Page about this same issue with no real resolution. This only is affecting live playing and recorded tones in the DAW. Apparently the live workaround is to route the signal in your DAW to a different output. I haven’t tried that yet.
agray88

Postby BassGuy99 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:02 pm

This is likely caused by the way your Apollo is set to monitor signals. The dry signal is the interface passing the signal directly to the headphones for "zero-latency" monitoring. The signal from the DAW/Standalone gets to the headphones a bit later giving the delay effect. The following is from the Apollo manual, but I couldn't find how to adjust as I am not familiar with this particular interface. Not saying this is absolutely the problem but I had a similar issue with my interface. Hope this helps...

Undesirable echo/phasing
• Confirm input monitoring is not enabled in both Console and DAW
• Disable software input monitoring if monitoring via Console (recommended)
• Mute all Console inputs if software input monitoring via DAW
BassGuy99

Postby agray88 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:11 pm

Hey that’s very helpful. I’ll look into that. Thanks!
agray88

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:18 am

I don't have an Apollo interface but don't they also have a "virtual" monitoring channel? I think that is what @BassGuy99 is referencing above.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cgscotto » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:51 am

I have both an Apollo x6 and a Twin, and I was having the same problem. I forgot to hit mute in the Console app on the channel I was using for the input to AmpliTube (Tonex). If you don’t mute the input channel in console, it is routed directly to headphones/monitor outputs. This is UAD’s 0 latency system and why they tell you to turn off direct monitoring in the DAW. This why I always have the Console app running.
cgscotto

Postby jfischer518 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:00 pm

Had the same issue with my Focusrite 2I2 and this did help, turning off direct monitoring resolved my issue.
jfischer518

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling